CSA License

Pom1

Oi skilpad, I checked some of my fellow club members got fancy shmancy ones like that (apparently if you applied online?) ....

I got one of those 'high' quality ones like yours though!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied for mine in December along with alot of my mates' date=' well 6 in fact and we all got ours in Mid Jan.[/quote']

Well, Bully for you.............!!

I got my passport from home affairs in two weeks, so what,........ !!

The fact is there are a lot of people (me included) waiting (not so patiently anymore) for their license.

When you are a commercial operation and you accept peoples money you imply you are able to deliver an effecient and timeous service TO EVERYONE, not just a few, or even the majority (which I doubt is the case here) - EVERYONE.!

Clearly this is simply not the case.

I have other pressing matters in my day to attend to than spend time chasing up a license I should have recieved 2 months back.

Please......Dont play "work in progress" with my time, patience and money.!!

yes uncle ben i am dissappointed in that wish i could have a smartie one like some i have seen smiley6.gif i just dont understand how things are not uniform!!!! especially in this day in age i am sure there should be a state of conformity especially from the same people who sort out each and every license!!

Is it a UCI thing or is a Csa thing that we have cards of this quality???

not being funny it actually is a poor show and not very professional in my opinion rocking up at a race with a card that doesnt fit nicely into your wallet and gets bent very easily!!!

Hi Turtlek

I had to jump through a 1000 hoops to beta-test a new card last year, and the rest of my response could well be read in another answer tonight....

You will be included in the new card campaign - which a lot of people had received this year already, some 6500 if not mistaken.

Carinus,

Thank you for answering all of my questions, I will approach number collections with slightly less nervousness at being laughed at for professing to have applied for a licence.

On the drug testing front, I have to say honestly that I have never been asked for more than my racing licence, and recall a rather large fuss being made about a competitor that couldnt find their licence at a big event to present at a drug test. As far as I am aware, nothing was mentioned about other forms of ID. However, I really appreciate having the facts nicely explained. It is such a nice difference to have questions answered without having to throw my question into the cauldron that is the hub, and wait for it to spit out some answer based on a bad experience, a rumour, or a thumbsuck.

Thank you for making an effort to make things clearer to us all, I am sure that I am not the only one to appreciate it.

No Sir' date=' I did not meet all my promises. I will send you a card (in person) tomorrow - the system that we introduced two years ago is - for many certain and uncertain reasons, failing us.

We are taking extreme steps to remedy the situation asap - including taking legal steps -not that that is any consolation for anyone still waiting, which I personally regret.

Once we deliver everyone's cards, I will return to you and your ilk. Oh, please send the new road commissioner all the files you retained after your hasty retreat - and accept my apologies for posting the request here - seems as if my emails failed to find you.
[/quote']

Mr. Lemmer

I have responded honestly to your e-mail with regard to what you claim about the current system. I cannot understand the legal steps thing and then allowing the respondent I presume to comment in your newsletter. Strange.

Your personal comments about me on this forum is low and dispicable. It does not suit the status of the position you hold. It also smacks of immaturity.

One thing you should remeber as Road Commissioner I was a volenteer who did not get paid R 40 000 a month to sling mud on the hub. This kind of behaviour is way below the position you hold.

Is it a UCI thing or is a Csa thing that we have cards of this quality???

not being funny it actually is a poor show and not very professional in my opinion rocking up at a race with a card that doesnt fit nicely into your wallet and gets bent very easily!!!

Hi TurtlekI had to jump through a 1000 hoops to beta-test a new card last year' date=' and the rest of my response could well be read in another answer tonight....You will be included in the new card campaign - which a lot of people had received this year already, some 6500 if not mistaken.[/quote']

ok cool but why does it seem that the guys who got this new card are from selected clubs???? and then the little clubs get delt a laminated card that looks K@K even konica minolta got given the same cards as me because we licensed under the same club but then i see another team with the credit card type thing

it really makes no sense to me why there would be double standards when simply put the credit card thing gets printed in a few seconds for both sides when the lamiated version although really shoddy looking takes no less than 5 minutes to make due to printing time and laminating time and not to mention cutting it out!!!

Really makes no sense to me at all!!!

Thanks Sydd - and Andre, but do get your facts right, your sources are befuddled, my meagre reward is less handsome :)

Very simple Turtlek.

In Jan, when the ladies returned from leave, and when we saw all hell brealing loose, wrt ineffective operations, we reverted to the "manual" system, as a parallel to the online one (which was the root cause of our trouble) - so, all okes who applied offline, prior to, and into Jan, were issued the silly cards...I must also mention that the most recalcintrant areas wrt doing the online thing were submitting manually, and that that very act could also have slowed down things greatly....

We are also seriously up in numbers, and did not make ample provision to deal with the issues related....again, we have only now reached top-speed, and I do believe we are cresting the summit...

if I do remain in this job for another round, I bet we'll have less issues, and differnt ones...one of the biggest issues lurking is that of conjoing different systems, in some or other manner....more on this during the winter

Oh' date=' please send the new road commissioner all the files you retained after your hasty retreat - and accept my apologies for posting the request here - seems as if my emails failed to find you.
[/quote']

MyMy My files. Please enlighten me. It took you from October 2008 till now to ask me for alleged files I have. You know very well that there is no problem here.

Remember the e-mail send to CSA legal counsel where they were  requested not to speak to me on a certain matter.

Remeber giving me the run around with regards to CSA legal matters for which the budget by the look of things were overspent.

Hope you do not mind that we are going down this path with you.

What was that story again about people and glass houses?

Still I have only voiced my opinion about my license and the service I have received.

Please be so kind as to send me the documentation on the procurement, specification and tender process followed to appoint MyRACE.

- and accept my apologies for posting the request here.

By the way are you saying here that we are starting legal procedings against My Race.

Very simple Turtlek.In Jan' date=' when the ladies returned from leave, and when we saw all hell brealing loose, wrt ineffective operations, we reverted to the "manual" system, as a parallel to the online one (which was the root cause of our trouble) - so, all okes who applied offline, prior to, and into Jan, were issued the silly cards...I must also mention that the most recalcintrant areas wrt doing the online thing were submitting manually, and that that very act could also have slowed down things greatly....We are also seriously up in numbers, and did not make ample provision to deal with the issues related....again, we have only now reached top-speed, and I do believe we are cresting the summit...if I do remain in this job for another round, I bet we'll have less issues, and differnt ones...one of the biggest issues lurking is that of conjoing different systems, in some or other manner....more on this during the winter

[/quote']

so if we had to lose our cards by some chance (it has happened to me before and i am not looking for it to happen again) would we get the new type of card or are we going to be given the old one again?

Applied for mine early Jan, nothing received yet, not listed on the website to receive. I think i'm going to need to get my receipt i got from CGC lamniated as it looks like i'll be using it for the rest of the year to prove i did in fact apply for one.

Please be so kind as to send me the documentation on the procurement' date=' specification and tender process followed to appoint MyRACE.

By the way are you saying here that we are starting legal procedings against My Race.
[/quote']

Hmm... Where there's smoke.

The MyRace appointment has seemed fishy from the start. Their

systems are amateurish, they don't work, they are insecure. My

granny could do better.

I have heard they are "acquaintances" of a certain person at CSA,

so I presume no proper process was followed in appointing these

incompetent people...*

*Words toned down for legal purposes..

CGC are expecting a huge batch to arrive today which is the backlog.

2000 is the number quoted

12:00 is the time stated ...

Batch did not arrive, missing in action.

Please be so kind as to send me the documentation on the procurement' date=' specification and tender process followed to appoint MyRACE.

[/quote']
Hmm... Where there's smoke.

The MyRace appointment has seemed fishy from the start. Their
systems are amateurish, they don't work, they are insecure. My
granny could do better.

I have heard they are "acquaintances" of a certain person at CSA,
so I presume no proper process was followed in appointing these
incompetent people...*

*Words toned down for legal purposes..

Personally I think they should fire the engineer / programmer at MYRACE and hire a high school kid - would be a lot better.!