Subaru Sani 2 c

Aicorner

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Four guys in my son's group got it too. They thought it could have been the chicken burgers at the finish.

Just on another matter..... who got jippo guts the friday after the race..... almost 90% of our 12people group got the sh*ts...... one was even in hospital for a drip......

Aah yes' date=' I have been man down since Friday night. So what do you think it was - all that cow sh!t, chicken burgers at the end of day 3? 4 others that I know of have been occupying the throne since Friday as well.
[/quote']

I assume all you guys with bad stomachs did the adventure?  My doc reckons the water table at the top of the last climb was the problem.  My partner spent Saturday night in hospital on a drip, I've been struggling through it since Saturday morning.  Antibiotic should kill off the bacteria today, and I'll be sorted by tomorrow.

Just on another matter..... who got jippo guts the friday after the race..... almost 90% of our 12people group got the sh*ts...... one was even in hospital for a drip......

Aah yes' date=' I have been man down since Friday night. So what do you think it was - all that cow sh!t, chicken burgers at the end of day 3? 4 others that I know of have been occupying the throne since Friday as well.
[/quote']
I assume all you guys with bad stomachs did the adventure?  My doc reckons the water table at the top of the last climb was the problem.  My partner spent Saturday night in hospital on a drip, I've been struggling through it since Saturday morning.  Antibiotic should kill off the bacteria today, and I'll be sorted by tomorrow.

All I had at the last water table was a coke. But mind you, when you have over 1000 people re-using cups etc, just one of them needs to have a dodgy stomach and it will spread quickly.

but it's all good..2 days after the race and I weigh under 80kg.first time in about 13 years

I told you that you were looking good smiley36.gif

I am tired of servicing bikes, I don't want to see another bike for a few weeks, I have no choice smiley18.gif

It was weird not to ride but great supporting and shouting at the water points.

I have a dodgy stomach as well smiley5.gif

CONGRATULATIONS to all who rode smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

I've had a dodgy stomach since I got back on Saturday evening. Couldn't even bear the thought of a Selle Italia SLR on my backside this morning !!

ME!!! I am still not recovered. I was down for 2 days solid, not being able to eat etc etc. Terrible! What the hell was it? The steak rolls at the finish?

Still down with jippo guts, probably went more to the bathroom in the last two days than in the last week....

Now that you mention it, they put the frozen chicken breasts out in the sun at the finish of day 3. I was thinking "no burger for me thanks".

What a great race.

Loved the climbs, single track, floating bridges and views.... Sommer everything was great. Tongue

Day 1, Took it easy and enjoyed the dual single tracks.

Day 2, Was long........ My partner cramped from 40km and had to pace him to the finish.DeadCensored but we finished. Hated the mud.

Day 3, Loved every moment. until I heard something like a rock hitting my frame... looked down and saw a crack in the seat tube.... Stopped at one of the Subaru guys and got some "magic tape" aka duct tape out. Well we made it and would recommend it to everyone.... But remember to train for it Wink

Thanks Farmer Glen for a great race and was good to meet some more hubbers.

What a great race.

Loved the climbs' date=' single track, floating bridges and views.... Sommer everything was great. Tongue

Day 1, Took it easy and enjoyed the dual single tracks.

Day 2, Was long........ My partner cramped from 40km and had to pace him to the finish.DeadCensored but we finished. Hated the mud.

Day 3, Loved every moment. until I heard something like a rock hitting my frame... looked down and saw a crack in the seat tube.... Stopped at one of the Subaru guys and got some "magic tape" aka duct tape out. Well we made it and would recommend it to everyone.... But remember to train for it Wink

Thanks Farmer Glen for a great race and was good to meet some more hubbers.
[/quote']

And why weren't you carrying duct tape with you???

Both my partner and I are suffering with jippo's. I agree with Linnega, this is a water bug not a food bug.

Will let you all know once my partner's tests are back what it was (ecoli = water, or salmonella = food), as he had some tests done.

haha... and there I thought it was just me. I was soo glad I took the day off work yesterday so that I could sit on the loo and stare at the basin all day Dead