Q-Rings

WorcesterWheelers

Thanks to Fatty, and due to the misfortune of CVANC (who had a cashfloe problem), I managed to get my hands on a set of Q-rings.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, the are oval shaped chainrings, which are designed to help making you pedal stroke more effecient.

Well I was so impressed by them from the very fisrt ride, I'm proud to say that MANIC CYCLES is now a stockist of these chainrings.

I've noticed a obvious difference in the Powertap data. Now I just need to regain my fitness so I can really put them to good use.

I'd like to also hear from Fatty if he is similarly impressed?

According to Ivan, the local distributor, they give a 30-day money back gaurantee, (you can use the rings for 30days, and if you're not happy you can hand then back). He recons he still has not received any sets back.....

My first customer fitted his on Friday, and Saturday morning he walked into the shop with the biggest smile I am yet to receive from a customer. Big%20smile

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you still need to pay me for the rings you bastard! LOLLOL

Jokes aside, since I'm poor and can't afford any sort of power device, I can only go on my feeling, and these things feel good!! It's a bit different when you start riding with them, but you get used to it quickly...

They come with a booklet, and you have 5 different settings (yes they have a lot of holes since 5 x bolts + 5 settings). I suspect with a PT (or some way of measuring power) you can then see which setting gives you the smoothest stroke with the most power.

Windbreaker, I think recommended retail is something like R1500 for both rings (big and small blades), but I'm sure you can negotiate with WW. Considering a normal BBB big chainring is close to R500, it's not bad value for money...

Windbreaker' date=' I think recommended retail is something like R1500 for both rings (big and small blades), but I'm sure you can negotiate with WW. [/quote']

So WW, fatty says we must negotiate! Wink. PM me with your best price.

Fatty, does it affect the smoothness of the front derailleur changing?

Windbreaker: it doesn't affect the smoothness, but due to the oval shape, your shifting might take a second longer as it waits for the top of the oval to pass through the deraileur...

Holy sh*t - they are ugly! Or is it just because that is a triple?

Gasant, are all three rings oval? Can you set them independently of each other?

yeah you can set them independantly but they're not designed to work that way.

Set goes accoding to your average cadence apparently...

But they work and they work well.

They are well made and should last a long time

Shifting is better than other XTR replacement rings wteo Shimano XR originals..

and they look darn cool on the bike. They only look ugly in the above pic because it's a phunny bike