Cycle Lab in Hot Water

Dubsy

I'm sure all of you that are so quick to criticise go to work every day purely out of the goodness of your heart.....

Get real!!

No seriously we all go to work' date=' but we have to work damn hard, else there will be someone else to replace us.

Why should it be any different for these retailers? Just because they decided to open a huge Fancy store in a highly overpriced area doesnt mean the man in the street has to pay for it.

Its about time we all realize that there is no such thing as get rich quick.

[/quote']

I dont get your point Masood?

So they opened in a fancy area - charge prices they feel happy with, most people still seem to be spending money there. Their "business model" works for them. Nothing wrong with that.

And bugger man, I really was hoping to get rich quick one day    LOL

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to be that happy when half the bike shops in SA close? When the characters with their warts and all, who promoted our sport and got hundreds more people on bikes, promoted races, brought in new sponsors, are forced out of their livelihoods? Sure they might be living large, but that is the reward you get for putting your life into it.

The bottom line is, if you don't like Cycle Lab, don't shop there!!! Buy your stuff from CRC or from wherever. I am not a big fan personally, I support small LBS and am happy to pay what they ask for the service I like to get. But I sure as **** don't want to see Cycle Lab go down either.

I hope they get fined so badly' date=' they have to close shop. Will teach others not to mess with the free market principle. Will also give the smaller LBS a better chance. [/quote']

That'd be counter productive, staff unemployed and a loss of support and infrastructure within cycling.

Sure by all means fine the guilty partys, but to do it to the extent that a whole business collapses would be plan stupid economics.

Plenty other bicycle shops to absorb the staff. Infrastructure? what infrastructure? You telling me if they closed cycling would come to an abrupt end? I think not there will always be someone else to take their place.

Just remember their companies support and provide for allot of honest and hardworking people.

If they get heavily penalised their employees and customers will also suffer.

Both of them have done allot for this sport, they both had a hand in the huge growth of cycling in South Africa.

At the end of the day they are cyclist that became business people, so maybe the were a bit naive in what they did.

I'll keep supporting Frits Pienaar cycles, I've always had friendly service there at an excellent price.

Good luck to both of you Frits and Andrew, hope you guys come through this ok.

So the retailers get nailed and the wholesalers walk free.  Anybody else feel like the wrong guys are in the dock?

OK' date=' lets see how many times this topic gets posted anew today!!!  I think I've seen at least five topics[/quote']

are you going to start another one?Tongue

No, I don't have the time.  I just popped in to see what's happening and OH BOY!  Unfortunately I have to go and work and figure out ways to fleece other people of their hard earned, crises money (but there is no way I'm telling YOU how I'm gonna do it!Wink)

Don't worry, this thread will become so long so quickly that nobody will ever have the energy to trawl through the garbage spewd ever again...

can't we talk about the classic instead?Big%20smile

Are we going to be that happy when half the bike shops in SA close? When the characters with their warts and all' date=' who promoted our sport and got hundreds more people on bikes, promoted races, brought in new sponsors, are forced out of their livelihoods? Sure they might be living large, but that is the reward you get for putting your life into it.

The bottom line is, if you don't like Cycle Lab, don't shop there!!! Buy your stuff from CRC or from wherever. I am not a big fan personally, I support small LBS and am happy to pay what they ask for the service I like to get. But I sure as **** don't want to see Cycle Lab go down either.

[/quote']

Clap

blah blah blah
it's not about cyclelab.

We all know who's involved. Do you have shares in CycleLab's new owners or something?

So the retailers get nailed and the wholesalers walk free.  Anybody else feel like the wrong guys are in the dock?

surely they'll see that the wholesalers were at the meeting too.

OK' date=' lets see how many times this topic gets posted anew today!!!  I think I've seen at least five topics[/quote']

are you going to start another one?Tongue

No, I don't have the time.  I just popped in to see what's happening and OH BOY!  Unfortunately I have to go and work and figure out ways to fleece other people of their hard earned, crises money (but there is no way I'm telling YOU how I'm gonna do it!Wink)

Don't worry, this thread will become so long so quickly that nobody will ever have the energy to trawl through the garbage spewd ever again...

can't we talk about the classic instead?Big%20smile

We can, but nobody will listen!!!  Just log off, it aint gonna get better (unless TNT1 posts some phantom p0rn...)

Read the statement YOU posted carefully.  It implies the wholesalers were dragged kicking and screaming to the meeting

blah blah blah

it's not about cyclelab.

We all know who's involved. Do you have shares in CycleLab's new owners or something?

you're a mean little person, aren't you?

I hope they get fined so badly' date=' they have to close shop. Will teach others not to mess with the free market principle. Will also give the smaller LBS a better chance. [/quote']

That'd be counter productive, staff unemployed and a loss of support and infrastructure within cycling.

Sure by all means fine the guilty partys, but to do it to the extent that a whole business collapses would be plan stupid economics.

Plenty other bicycle shops to absorb the staff. Infrastructure? what infrastructure? You telling me if they closed cycling would come to an abrupt end? I think not there will always be someone else to take their place.

You have facts and figure for that then? Great, go and inform the staff at these shops, see how they feel.

I never said or insinuated that "cycling would come to an abrupt end" so I don't where you thunbsucked that remark.

I do however think that to force them or any business to shut down would create more problems than solutions.

But hey lets just persecute people and satisfy our need for vengence, that seems to be the general consensus from people. Which is just as bad an attitude as the 'price fixing'

blah blah blah

it's not about cyclelab.

you're a mean little person' date=' aren't you?
[/quote']

Bob's little ? Shocked

Read the statement YOU posted carefully.  It implies the wholesalers were dragged kicking and screaming to the meeting

there is mention in other reports about the suppliers.