Bike Shop - Bad Service Part 2!

DRIVETRAIN

smiley4.gif

So who here said all I'll get is a "sorry?" U were oh so right.  Ok so I took the bike back in, explained my dilemma not an expression on my face except most people in the shop watched & listened!

Here is what I got: 

"We don't usually check the bolts & nuts on the components because it comes assembled from the factory..

Oh dear - when I mentioned I could have got hurt..

Sorry to hear that"

I said fine just fix it & let me have my bike back...If it's still not right I'll bring it right back & that's the last U'll see of me...

Not that I will be missed as a client but after all my patronage has been somewhat good as far as this lbs goes...

"DT smiley4.gif"

That's the way it goes DT

I liked it that you didn't name the shop (not that I saw) -  that's more decent than some of the "knife" attempts we get here.

They feel as much for you as a Muther with a wooden t!t!!!!!! All the want is your munny!!!!!

my LBS has to be ranked as one of the best in the world.

The guy has a tool for EVERY job (Park Tool) and when putting bikes together (even the cheapie junk) he takes out the BBs , checks the threads, re-skims the edge if there's paint on it, re-greaes etc.

+ he builds the best wheels ever.

That's the difference between someone just doing a job and somenone who KNOWS and LOVES what they do. I suppose being the owner of the shop is also extra motivation.

VERY lucky.

I believe if you do not challenge your bike shop on bad work nothing will improve. My LBS has been great but every now and again have a wobble. But i complain, and they fix it and never had the same problem twiceStar

my LBS has to be ranked as one of the best in the world.

The guy has a tool for EVERY job (Park Tool) and when putting bikes together (even the cheapie junk) he takes out the BBs ' date=' checks the threads, re-skims the edge if there's paint on it, re-greaes etc.

+ he builds the best wheels ever.

That's the difference between someone just doing a job and somenone who KNOWS and LOVES what they do. I suppose being the owner of the shop is also extra motivation.

VERY lucky.
[/quote']

Clearly you are outside of SA.

I am...but VERY  lucky to have him in my area. All the rest are pretty much ordinary, no give a damn attitude.

I'm sure there's some of the good ones back home too.....

I'm happy with my LBS.

I think it helps a lot if the customer treats the shop staff like human beings. If you get to know them and there is a problem then it won't be a hassle sorting it out.

Mechanical things are prone to coming loose etc and I think it is unfair to blame a mechanic for every thing, sometimes the bike owners are just too lazy to check things themselves and sometimes the component itself can be at fault.

As humans, I think we are all capable of making a mistake and perhaps we should look at ourselves before blaming everyone else.

I know some things should not happen, and the consequences can be serious if they do - look at aircraft mechanics - but being polite goes a long way in getting things done properly.

If service is bad, mention it on this forum, but name the shop and give the shop a chance to respond.