Argus pics - the finish

Coetzee

I saw you on TV Shortlegs coming into the finish area. Also so BMC fan going for a bit of a sprint. Saw Lilo got dropped on the first climb and saw Auction Lamb on the same climb leading the pack as well:-D

You can have my autograph for R50!!!Wink

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cyclemasta pm me your mail address i will send you the pictures that my girlfriend took of our finish!!

P.S. also which kit were you wearing and what bike i might be able to send you the pictures of yourself then and i was the dude in the black FiT kit on the bianchi with red wheels

nice pics' date=' this clears up the ladies winning issue as well I think, if you look at the pic, you can not see Jenny, but you can see her shadow and it's ahead of Anriette's.[/quote']

I would put my money on the finish line camera getting the right winner from the side. No shadows required Star

Sorry i missed this post earlier. I also can't understand why no camera's were in place at the Biggest Race in South Africa. Yes they awarded the race win on a shadow.

What was totally missed, was the fact that Jenny was behind the second Boss Logistics and not the first. The judges used the second Boss Logistic's rider shadow and not Jenny's.

If you look at the four shadows, the forth shadow is actually Jenny's. Cry Anyway, i hope they have camera's next year.

20090316_034847_20090308_133556.jpg

Owen, you are right about the shadows. If you take the 2nd blue carpet to be "true" than Anriette's handle bars is off the carpet, which tells me that her front wheel is ahead of Jenny's. Just an observation! KlapperKnop2009-03-16 03:57:20

Owen' date=' you are right about the shadows. If you take the 2nd blue carpet to be "true" than Anriette's handle bars is off the carpet, which tells me that her front wheel is ahead of Jenny's. Just an observation! [/quote']

true but the actual finish line was a bike length behind the riders in that picture so the only way you could know is if there was a camera on the line which was not there so unfortunately we will never know

true but the actual finish line was a bike length behind the riders in that picture so the only way you could know is if there was a camera on the line which was not there so unfortunately we will never know

Turtlek ... with no camera on the line, I would think the best decision would have been to award 1st place to both Anriette and Jenny?

Turtlek ... with no camera on the line' date=' I would think the best decision would have been to award 1st place to both Anriette and Jenny?
[/quote']

now thats a great idea if it is possible to award rourke and the other dude joint third place medals at sa champs even with cameras then without cameras this should have been a no brainer in that department!!! smiley32.gif

20090308_133353_Finish_19.JPG

Looking at this picture, the Cape Argus banner is not equally spaced with the finished line; Anriette's side is closer to the finished line then Jenny's side. The 2nd BOSS ride (Stephen Scheepers) front wheel is about to cross the finish line, with his back wheel leaving the "Cape Argus" lettering. Anriette's front wheel is on the "C" of Cape Argus. I do not see Jenny's front wheel at the back wheel of the 2nd BOSS rider; which indicates to me that Anriette's front wheel is closer to the finish line than Jenny. 

yeah I agree with turtlek, the picture is after they went over the second line and apparently the first line was taken as the result, and both Anriette and Jenny said that after they went over the line Jenny had to pull hard on the breaks as a guy almost took her out, so if she is behind Anriette going over the second line, perhaps it because she had already braked, I don't know I wasn't there but that's what it looked like to me.

Oh well, everything aside Owen, the girls raced well!!! Congratulations!! I seriously still think they needs to let the girls ride on their own or at least finish on their own. I know this has been debated to death and there is no right or wrong way, but look what happens when they are caught up amongst the men. The lanes should then at least be split and they should be told that the ladies sprint left and the men sprint right, or something like that. Then this mix up could have been avoided.

my 2c.

Turtlek ... with no camera on the line' date=' I would think the best decision would have been to award 1st place to both Anriette and Jenny?
[/quote']

Turtlek, .........that's what I asked them to do. Then again, remember who sponsors the races which are seeding events for the Argus .............Alpha Pharm..............mmmmmmm Jenny is sponsored by Alpha Pharm..... Can you hear the CSI music playing in the back ground.