Is it a sign to call it quits???

Kent

I had a friend who used to get a puncture on just about every ride. Now I get an average of 2 punctures per ride. Some days 4!!! A lady hit the brakes right in front of me ' date=' I hit her and cracked 3 ribs. Was off the bike for 3 weeks.

Believe me, your bad luck will change. Remember, concentrate, and always, but always, expect the unexpected! smiley20.gif [/quote']

Maybe its time for a tubeless upgrade? Wink

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i broke my rear stay, had a major puncture, had to go through major bike renovatuions , all in 3 months. Then i've been lucky fior awhile and now again teh buckling of both my rear wheels on my training bike and on teh all mountain bike. Guess you just go through times when u refine your technique b4 u get more adventurous.

Take it on the chin and learn Kent.

I would love to have fancy bling components and bikes, but I'll break them - too heavy and maybe bit aggressive on downhills. So make peace with your situations and alter you equipment, mindset and if possible routes.

Don't make mistake all roadies make when deciding to go off road and buy a hardtail with as much carbon as possible. Spend a bit more cash and make peace with the weight and buy susser. You'll have tons more fun, components that last longer and a bike that can take the nocks. Chances are you won't need to sprint for finish in MTB race either - I'm still to find a bunch going over line in MTB race :-)

Just enjoy whatever you're doing man!

Take it on the chin and learn Kent.

I would love to have fancy bling components and bikes' date=' but I'll break them - too heavy and maybe bit aggressive on downhills. So make peace with your situations and alter you equipment, mindset and if possible routes.

Don't make mistake all roadies make when deciding to go off road and buy a hardtail with as much carbon as possible. Spend a bit more cash and make peace with the weight and buy susser. You'll have tons more fun, components that last longer and a bike that can take the nocks. Chances are you won't need to sprint for finish in MTB race either - I'm still to find a bunch going over line in MTB race :-)

Just enjoy whatever you're doing man!

[/quote']

It's too late!!! I'm a carbon whore. I bought a Scott Scale 30. Thing climbs like a BEAST, although i suck on the downhills. Still getting to grips with the technical aspect.  Its was my first ever MTB race. I have a new found respect for MTB'ers. I have never been so physically spent at the end of a race. It was 100 degrees though....

Stop moaning and do some work. Love the wife...the other one not the bicycle Smile

Who the hell said you can leave the kitchen!!! Angry Wink

Stop moaning and do some work. Love the wife...the other one not the bicycle Smile

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

i'm sure that hurt more than all those crashes, puncture and silly incidents combined!!!!!

Hi, I'm new to this site, so hope you don't mind me trialling it out here..... I've been cycling since Nov last year, mountain biking that is and absolutely loving it.  Haven't entered any races yet...... Hope you have a good evening.

Bad luck ???  I think you should keep going ...

Israeli mine victim dies after falling from rescue helicopter

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 8:46 AM on 13th March 2009

An Israeli hiker who wandered into a minefield fell to his death while being hoisted into a hovering rescue helicopter.

Alaa Agabriya' date=' who lost a foot when one of the devices exploded, slipped from a harness when he was just a few feet from the military aircraft?s door.

The 24-year-old had earlier been treated by medical teams on the ground after they spent 90 minutes making their way through the minefield.

Rescue effort: Mr Agabriya had been hoisted within feet of the helicopter when he fell

Once strapped in to a harness, Israeli Air Force rescuers began to hoist him into the cockpit.

But somehow he slipped and, after being picked up for a second time, died from his injuries en route to hospital.

An initial investigation revealed that Mr Agabriya had arrived at the minefield near Beit She'an in north-east Israel with two friends with the intention of having a picnic.

The three ignored the warning signs posted near the field and ventured in.

Several minutes later an explosion took place, injuring Mr Agabriya.

[/quote']

That just shows you, when your time is up... your time is up!

Not even the rescue can rescue you!

Guest colonel

It's too late!!! I'm a carbon whore. I bought a Scott Scale 30. Thing climbs like a BEAST' date=' although i suck on the downhills. Still getting to grips with the technical aspect.  Its was my first ever MTB race. I have a new found respect for MTB'ers. I have never been so physically spent at the end of a race. It was 100 degrees though....
[/quote']

Instead of blowing money on bling, maybe spend that money on a Daisyway riders clinic and learn to ride a bike maybe??

Gotta learn to walk before we run big guy!!WinkLOL

HAHA! Well said Mr KFC...

Never will someone spend his money on a better thing if he's looking at improving his speed/handling/confidence on a MTB...

It'll give you a lifetime's worth of experience in just a few short sessions - something you'd normally have to wait a lifetime for if you do it yourself...