MTB XC SA Champs George

Trackz

shot ronelle!! These pics are amazing!! Made me homesick.

don't blame her photos. I must have been you overdoing it with Chefs Direct food. smiley36.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone maybe explain to me how the numbering works? Its obviously sex/age related - but is it also ranking related within the group?

shot ronelle!! These pics are amazing!! Made me homesick.

don't blame her photos. I must have been you overdoing it with Chefs Direct food. smiley36.gif

LOLLOL If food made me home sick than i would have to eat vetkoek and mince or a beach braai cause thats all i recall eating there! LOL

Those trails in George are amazing!! Really fun even for a non cyclist like i used to be.

Can someone maybe explain to me how the numbering works? Its obviously sex/age related - but is it also ranking related within the group?

from what i remember,havnt raced xc in a few yrs but its catagory related and ten you get a seeding in your catagory. I think its elite 1-50, then u23 51-100 and junior in 201-250. So if youre the best elite your number 1, best u23 is 51 and best junior is 201 and then you go down in order according to your seeding which also influences where you get called up to start. SO hence burry(u23) is 51, brandon(el) is 1 and your ranking changes after every race according to your points on the log.

Ah ok thx matie! I get it now. So  -- you don't get to keep your number, but it changes according to whatever happens to your ranking!