Fork Service Workshop

Johan Bornman

Ahh 1 should be easy ' date=' as for the loose women im sure Holy Roller is freeWink

Let me know the dates u have in mind and ill try get u in at Southern Sun Cullinan[/quote']

I've had second thoughts about the first request. I've seen him naked.

Thanks for the offer of accommodation. I'm going to propose a date within days. I first have to sort out my backlog of wheels, a looong weekend holiday my wife sneaked into my diary and try and actually go for a ride.

I'm still testing the water to make it a weekday event????

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johan, if I may make a suggestion. Kullula currently have a "Winter promotion" running. I have taken them up on this offer last year for our 21st wedding anniversary, and have done so again this year. It will cost me R2200 for me and my wife to fly down to Cape Town Saturday morning at 07:00 from ORTIA and land at 09:00, Imperial car rental for 3 days and 2 nights accomodation at the Protea Hotel Sea Point. Flying back to JHB at 17:00 and land at 19:00. Surely this will make it worth the while? I am also quite sure some hubber will be able to organise a suitable venue?

Come on Johan, choose a date. If this is definately gonna happen then I am going to hold off on sending my fork in for a service LOL

OK.  How about I come to Cape Town on 15 and 16 May (Saturday and Sunday) for a Maintenance Class and then do the fork workshop either Friday or Monday.  You'll need to take 1/2 a day off work.

There, the ball is in Cape Town.

You mean 16/17 May and have the fork workshop on the afternoon of 15 May, with cold Windhoek lagers after?

I'm in would need confirmation on whether it is the Friday or Monday - need to put in the leave.

Mmmm and cost?

Sounds dandy!!!

I am all for taking time off work on a monday, just because they suck.

Actually arvie workshop and cold WindyCorners sounds so damn tempting to.... mmmm beeeeeer

Sjhoe...

Cannot decide between the Friday or Monday...

Friday it would be afternoon to early evening - Monday, I presume morning until lunchtime?

Friday's are go-slow days at work. Monday mornings - hectic, because of the go-slow Friday. Hmmm... I'm gonna leave this in the capable hands of the majority - all of you pitch in, and I'll take my leave accordingly....

Would any Durban / Kzn people be interested in attending one of Johan's workshops ? 

He tells me he is happy to travel down to Durban if we can get enough people interested. ?
crowdude2009-04-03 10:13:01

OK.  How about I come to Cape Town on 15 and 16 May (Saturday and Sunday) for a Maintenance Class and then do the fork workshop either Friday or Monday.  You'll need to take 1/2 a day off work.

There' date=' the ball is in Cape Town.

[/quote']

Friday afternoon should work for me.

Johan

Fri would also work for me (rather than Monday).

I'd also like to take a stab at the maintenance course...

So, I'll keep the 15 -17 May open...

Hope the Cullinan works out as well!!

Cassie

OK Guys, the 15th is official. I booked my flight this morning.

I haven't got a venue yet, but I've rescheduled things so that I come to Cape Town for the fork workshop as well as a Bicycle Maintenance course. I'll do the workshop on the afternoon of the 15th and the maintenance course on the 16th and 17th.

For obvious reasons, I've had to make the fork workshop a bit more expensive than the Jhb one and it'll cost you R745-00 per person per fork. As with the Jhb course, I'll supply all consumables except seals. I'll have a selection of seals for Fox and Rock Shox for sale should you need them.

Thank you (I can't see that page here but please insert your name and accept my gratefulness) for the offer of accommodation at the Cullinan but Steynja's suggestion of a Kulula flight/accommodation combo works out cheaper. Travel is weird.

Those of you who sent me e-mail, I'll respond with a confirmation of the details by tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had two cancellations for the Friday session in Cape Town. In other words, two places have opened again.

The Panorama Tour has also claimed to places in the Jhb course this Saturday 25 April. I can thus accommodate one person in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Johan, if there's more demand for the morning course, I should be able to change over to the afternoon if needs be.