The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

Put the Exotic carbon fork from my Scandal onto the Peace 9r earlier, will have to take new photos.

Rode a fixie this morning, damn, you have to get used to those things !!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the??? Where did this one come frome GTR...or is it one of the 8 that's left smiley36.gif

What frame is it?

So? you like?

The old stick is the alpina I had to save from the neighbor wanting to post the bike to the gardner. A friend found the wheels in  shop in Kempies.

Replaced the fork with a 1" threadless fork with a new Pro headset.

I fitted a std riser bar "crowbar" and a 120 stem of an old scott. fitted with cube grips, avid speed dial 7 levers with 105 calipers. The crank came of an old mtb with a 44 ring on the std taper square BB. 

Sanded and given a few layers of satin black. but the greatest part is the first ride...

What the??? Where did this one come frome GTR...or is it one of the 8 that's left smiley36.gif

What frame is it?

So? you like?

The old stick is the alpina I had to save from the neighbor wanting to post the bike to the gardner. A friend found the wheels in  shop in Kempies.

I fitted a std riser bar "crowbar" and a 120 stem of an old scott. fitted with cube grips' date=' avid speed dial 7 levers with 105 calipers. The crank came of an old mtb with a 44 ring on the std taper square BB. 

Sanded and given a few layers of satin black. but the greatest part is the first ride...
[/quote']

Yes I like, esp the stem/ cockpit

What frame is it?

So? you like?

I fitted a std riser bar "crowbar" and a 120 stem of an old scott. fitted with cube grips' date=' avid speed dial 7 levers with 105 calipers. The crank came of an old mtb with a 44 ring on the std taper square BB. 

[/quote']

What do segest for the fork, coulor?

Did you see the seat, sweade, of an old bmx...

Yes I like, esp the stem/ cockpit

Put the Exotic carbon fork from my Scandal onto the Peace 9r earlier' date=' will have to take new photos.

Rode a fixie this morning, damn, you have to get used to those things !!

[/quote']

Trapped around the suburb with mine last night again, it gets better but I still slipped up once or twice .....

I have been riding my fixie around A LOT. Just cruising around, in town sometimes, its been great and I can't get enough.

We need to get a Joburg fixie ride together, a big one.

I have been riding my fixie around A LOT. Just cruising around' date=' in town sometimes, its been great and I can't get enough.

We need to get a Joburg fixie ride together, a big one.

[/quote']

Then lets go...

Sorry about the 1x9 setup at the moment but it will be going back to SS soon.

Just got back from the UK, had this delivered to some family over there before I went

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&p=195&

Put it on my 1994 Diamondback Apex 69er/96er conversion (ie 29er wheel up front and 26er at back)20090911_081807_P9110060.JPG

It replaces the stock steel fork that was there. It fitted a 29er wheel with a specialized fast-track 2.0 (just)

By getting the new fork I have only raised the front end by +-7mm but now am able to fit a WTB Exiwolf 2.3 with a lot of clearance.

20090911_082101_P9110058.JPG

Getting a cable disc brake and centrelock rotor sometime next week.

How's this Gira from BH.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2009/09/09/1252507410943-129o87usz673f-850-65.jpg

And here's The Genie, finished her up last night...

20090916_041001_Genie_SS_f34.jpg

20090916_041023_Genie_SS_b34.jpg

20090916_041918_topcap_small.jpg

And the best part... 32 x 18 is the Magic Gear - so no tensioner needed!

20090916_041044_Genie_DT_Small.jpg

Props to Shaun231 for the frame and some bits, and to MoreTrails and Bos for help and parts.

smiley32.gif droo2009-09-16 04:19:38

Anyone know of any good tubeless 29" tires? Would love something robust like a Nevegal, but don't think Kenda do that. Checked on CRC and didn't find any tubeless 29" tyres. My WTB Exiwolf's keep popping off with the tubeless setup - and no I'm not going to ride at a higher pressure.

Try Hutchinson Pythons "tubeless" ready. I'm running them on my Scandal.

I've got Exiwolf's on my SS that I've converted and haven't had a problem. What pressure are you running them at ?

Sorry about the 1x9 setup at the moment but it will be going back to SS soon.

Just got back from the UK' date=' had this delivered to some family over there before I went

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&p=195&

[/Quote]

Is that the Carbon Steerer or the Aluminium Steerer model? If the Carbon, check out this thread on MTBR http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=555457

20090916_041918_topcap_small.jpg

I really like this! IIRC, they came on Gary Fisher's. Do they still? Anyone have one lying around?

I added a front brake to mine, and changed the Axel to a Sid Race (an old one... gotta love freebies!)