Whistler Trip - Ideas? Anyone in?

Saffa_G

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ā 

Yeah' date=' I'm allergic to the hair as well, that's why I prefer the non hairy varietal.[/quote']

Ā 

Yeah smoother the better....Tongue

Ā 

Checked whistler out on s/cycling last night, checks awesome....... would

be a cool place to ride, and hearing the talk could be "fun"..... Just one small issue.... the price of beer

Ā 

hmmm... so lets get this straight. No beer, no kitty (smooth or furry) and very expensive....but still everyone raves about the place...

Ā the riding must be FREAKING AWESOME!!!

By all accounts, it is where you go to have fun on a bike and that's it! Once again we need to get Sara in on this, she's actually been there.

SARA....get in here please!!Ā  Tell us........about the riding and of course if you know anything about the wildlife, those tips will help too!!

Ā 

Sheesh, i local trip to Teazers might just suffice and we can piss around on the bikes in the parking lot just before we go in :)

Ā 

By all accounts' date=' it is where you go to have fun on a bike and that's it! Once again we need to get Sara in on this, she's actually been there.

[/quote']

So you're hoping that Sara can help you with the lack of beer part, the expense part, or.... oh wait never mind

Well ,well, well.

A Whistler thread.

Stand up, stretch, flex fingers and let's begin.

So yes I've been. Went for a ski season, 5 months of crazy fast downhill, frikkin expensive beer, expensive cost of living generally and more men than I knew what to do with. Big%20smile. tragic. It helped with the expensive beer part. Sorry boys, although if you want a few girls to get you going I still have a few mates there. Then the snow started melting got myself a trail map, a crazy downhill guy/guide/chef (seriously!)Ā and started crossing off the trails. The place rocks there is so much crazy/beautiful/ technical trail and that's before you hit the bike park. So much you ride everyday till you fall over and your legs just kick weakly. Everything from rooty stuff to slick rock to crazy drops, mossy smooth trails, north shore (ahhh do "a river runs through it", "kill me thrill me"--my favourite). People are awesome so friendly,Ā SO helpful and interested, chilled out and they love the SA accent. Oh wait maybe that was a line Embarrassed. If you go be prepared to fall in love, there is so much wide open space, the mtns are breathtaking and the town is so cool, it's a bubble world of unreality. The number of times I just stopped and thought that dying would be OK right now cos I'm living the dream....me, my bike, my trail, the bears. The one decisionĀ I will never be sure of in my life is when I got on the bus to Vancouver and my flight out. dumbass. oh well. just go.

hmm as I recall there was some beer that was a tad cheaper, does the job but YUCK. I think it came in litre plastic bottles....

oh the bike park? rode it one day. nearly killed myself (something about a 6 inch travel bike and full body armour makes you feel invincible) and decided it was best to stick to the knarly trails for free. Need any help with bikes go to Evolution in the town. Tyler Morland works there but talk to the chick she's very cool.

I could go on...anything else? can scratch about for some picsĀ I guess..

thanks for he great write up SARA.....we'll see what happens, but at the moment, things look a tad bit costly... for me anywayĀ OuchLOL

I found it an easy decision to make(he says after umming and aahing for 2 years)

Ā 

You do it in 2 easy steps....

Ā 

Step 1: Say it with me.....and with FEELING.....say "F#@K IT!"

Ā 

Step 2: Pack your bags baby....you're going to Whistler

Ā 

Ā 

Cash is not something that just flows freely in my life. And BELIEVE ME....there are a couple things I know I should rather be doing with the money! But....it's about bloody time I started living a little.

Ā 

The Dave Matthews Band said it best IMO....."Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die"

Ā 

I'm going to CAAA-NADAAAAAAA! Big%20smileLOL
MintSauce2007-02-28 23:47:46

How long are you going to go for MintSauce? Also how far away is Whistler from Vancouver? (I might have an opportunity to get relocated there with my job) WHat's Vancouver like as a place to live? Does it beat Witbank? Confused

How long are you going to go for MintSauce? Also how far away is Whistler from Vancouver? (I might have an opportunity to get relocated there with my job) WHat's Vancouver like as a place to live? Does it beat Witbank? Confused

Ā 

Van? it'ts beautiful, like Cape Town, except the mountains have snow, the beach is stony and the water waaaay colder than Clifton. It also has the highest number of rainy days in the world, the highest suicide rate and biggest drug problem. Loads of asians, cheap good sushi, cool people again, north shore trails, skiing in the winter, reasonable cost of living (much more than Whistler), hmm crime? not too bad, at least you don't get killed for your cellphone. In Whistler I didn't have a door key, the land lady asked if I wanted one.Ā Why?Ā just in case I wanted to lock the boys out. Whistler is an hour's drive away. You can go for the weekend easy, or the day...and the drive there is stunning. oh you gotta ride Squamish as well...and climb "the chief"-a climbers heaven.