cycling kit?

davidd

I mostly wear Rapid shorts, it a CT company but are represented in Jhb and Pta. They usually have a stand at the bigger exbo's like 94.7 and Argus.

If this is your first purchase of cycling kit, then you're probably spending a lot of time in the saddle in a race, which means you need quality.

At first I bought cheap (R170 @ Sportmans warehouse), because I thought R500 was too much to pay for bib shorts. However the difference in comfort was uncompareable.

If you're unsure of what to buy (at a bike shop), ask fellow cyclists on the road where they bought their gear - it worked for me.

I've bought from Tour de Frans, Cyclelab and Tony Impey, and all three offer great advice. Stay away from non-cycling specific stores.

What ever you do, make sure to go for bibs and try to go for a full lenght zipp shirt, cause if you ride MTB, it gets Freeeekin HOT in a short zipp shirt

Cape Storm and Assos

Also have an old Pearl Izumi bib that I picked up in the UK years ago but it is now pretty much at the end of the road. If any one knows who stocks this locally please let me know
Mikes Bikes keeps Pearl Izumi, know there are shorts not sure about bibs. They also have tops and of course the socks.  

thanks again for the responses - think my best bet is going to Cape Storm in Bryanston - even if its just to look. Ill prob also go to Linden Cycles and ask them - they offer awesome advice and service...

Rode my first long ride today - tomorrow im gonna feel my arse. good luck to those that are doing argus...