Morewood XC Bike

Wallee

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw, when visiting the factory in Jan, a prototype sort of bike there, and it was'nt a single pivot... Anyone got some light on that, or is it the 100mm marathon bike that has been spoken of? Was great to see the factory and the processes and stuff. Now I know where my steed comes from!

• 1 month later...

The bikes that Davey and Roan are riding are Scandium/Alu alloy. Equipped with SRAM X0 geartrains' date=' gripshifts, Formula Oro brakes, Industry 9 wheels and some lightweight crankset the name of which I can't remember, they come in at around 9kg. Roan has a double chainring config. He reckons the bikes are schweet for XC and not bad at all for marathon, compared with the Scott Spark he was riding last year. That seems to be borne out by his performance on Sat's World Cup where he was 2nd African across the line. Nice one Ro!

[/quote']

2x9 setup, perhaps a Middleburn DUO crankset?

This just in: Exelby is on a plane coming to visit, he tells me he is racing Fountains XC on a brand spanking new Morewood full susser. It's 'nekkid' (no decals) and another test mule...will be getting a look at it within the next couple of hours. Watch this space!

If you're at the XC National Cup in Pretoria tomorrow, you'll see Morewood's new dual-sus marathon/xc prototype ? hot off the assembly line in Pmb this week, and delivered to Exelby personally by Patrick himself...

hahahaha Sean how's that for timing? I am collecting Ro from the airport in an hour...guess who gets to see the new Morewoodfirst!?!

If you're at the XC National Cup in Pretoria tomorrow, you'll see Morewood's new dual-sus marathon/xc prototype ? hot off the assembly line in Pmb this week, and delivered to Exelby personally by Patrick himself...

I wish Morewood all the best. I'm sure it'll be another kick-ass bike and I hope it'll find LOTS of SA and international homes.

guaranteed, and if they can make one with a Headshok Headtube to retrofit a Lefty It would be awesome....

Handmade in SA has a beautiful ring to it.

One Week Free access to The Hub to the first guy or garl who post a pic of the prototype being raced this weekend.

One Week Free access to The Hub to the first guy or garl who post a pic of the prototype being raced this weekend.

I'll sponsor a box of smarties including postage for a pic today Big%20smile

hahahaha Sean how's that for timing? I am collecting Ro from the airport in an hour...guess who gets to see the new Morewoodfirst!?!

you gonna post it on the tread site?

OK lads keep your shorts on, I am back from the airport and have seen the light bike. Check my blog on www.treadmag.co.za for some absolutely exclusive spy shots of the new bike and some details on what she's made of....

Just give it about 10 minutes loading pics...

intern2009-05-22 03:45:05