Bar ends on riser bars

Mackie

There is much debate on this subject, Yes/No...Why?

I want to fit my Cane Creek bar ends to a carbon Monkey Lite XC bar. Will I get flamed? Why? Should I care? I am leaning towards the third option, unless there is compelling argument.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!! First of all NO Riser bars as its uncomplementing (if there is such a word) the bike, It looks stupid.

and NO again (for the same reasons) for the bar ends. try to ride without them, and after 2 hours you wont feel a difference..

I've ridden with a riser bar and bar ends for years, works for me, and who gives a monkeys a-s anyhow. Do what works for you. Peeps are more worried about what you think about them to pay toooo much attention to what you look like !!!!

carbon Monkey Lite XC bar = the best money can buy

Bar ends on a riser bar - 1 word; NO!

Riser bars are more common place than you might think in the Marathon series type events - good kit, just gets *** from the wanna be 55KG dripping wet, my bike only weighs 9KG and is cheese wire ultra ultra lightweight stripped down racing rig / no baggy shorts for me, even when I'm out on a fun ride (except that every ride is flat out until everyone else is puking - then my work is done types......)

Sorry, got a bit carried away there... but you get my drift, hopefully? Wacko

PPWTF2009-04-22 09:04:48

I had riser bars with ends. good luck if and when you fall. They are just in the wrong spot as i discovered once and yes you will look like a dork, riser bars are more for all mountain trail bikes and bar ends cross country. Then again who cares it your bike your riding do what works for you.

Mackiemoo my personal opinion would be to go with the option YOU preffer. We all have differant riding styles etc so what works for me or the next cyclist wont work for you.

Just my 2c...Wink

While we are at it.....wonder if i should fit a Kombi steering wheel to my GTi...think it will look stupid?

LOLClap

While we are at it.....wonder if i should fit a Kombi steering wheel to my GTi...think it will look stupid?

Dead

I've put some bar ends on my riser bars for the Mast Challenge this weekend. It really looks sh!t but its only there to do a job, it will def be off by Saturday afternoon. I think I will struggle at Majik if they were still on with our next trip Dead

Got cane creek type bar ends on my risers, if you ride more than a couple of hours at a time, then it is handy to be able to change your hand positions, helps you produce more power going up technical steep slopes, few other reasons, that I've forgotten. Forget what the fashion divas have to say.

Since when do MTB riders care about what looks fashionable. I will stick bar ends onto any MTB, the benefits are numorous and I probably use the bar ends 60-70% of the time while riding.

On the Cane Creek bar ends, if they are the ones I've seen they are a bit odd and heavy. I got for the simple aluminium ones.

The Cane Creek ones are understated - if you want to really look the part get the big aluminium ones that make your bike look like a Texas Longhorn.

I have them on and not only do they help me when climbing (you need the bar-ends as the riser bar does not give you leverage), but when I have to turn the bike over for maintenance, they protect the components on the bar from damage.

So I say, you need them more on a riser bar than a flat bar