PPA 1 Tonner Postponed

Overlord

YEAH - now I can do it in OCT. Still recovering now so great news for me, only hope they still organize it for then and not totally cancel it

Very good call by the PPA

Cape braces for 1st winter storm

14/05/2009 14:34 - (SA)   

Verashni Pillay

Cape Town - Surfers are getting excited and disaster management officials are on standby as the Cape Peninsula braces for its first major winter storm, which is expected to hit this weekend.

Gale force winds and waves in excess of five to seven metres will keep most residents indoors.

The SA Weather Service has issued an advisory, with forecaster Stella Nake telling News24 the south western peninsula and areas near Table Mountain would be particularly affected by heavy rainfall.

"There is a possibility of gale-force north westerly winds of 70km per hour, including in the interior, and over the deep sea areas it might be more than 80km per hour," she said.

The cold front is expected to move over the Western Cape towards Plettenberg Bay on Saturday night, Sunday and during the early half of next week.

"There is a possibility of gale-force north westerly winds of 70km per hour' date=' including in the interior, and over the deep sea areas it might be more than 80km per hour," she said.

[/quote']

We all had a good practice run at the Argus, surely we can handle a little 70kmph little breez Shocked

hhmmm.....looks like our club race will be the only event to take place this weekend.

No sir!! The 100 miler is on!!

Weather looks horrendous, those patches of blue sky look life threatening. And the gentle breeze would have caused havoc in the peloton.

If I wasn't in my glory today from the Amarider 100 Miler, I would be very upset that they cancelled this event. As it is, I am quite chuffed that I don't have to hop on my bike today.