Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The leeeetle Zula, being watched over by his bastard brother from another mother.

Are the Tracer and the Zula the same size?

All these Zula pics make me miss mine even more!

Will never get rid of my Shova! (maybe for a Mbuzi I will)

I'll never get rid if Mbuzi. Maybe for a Sakuma I will.

See where this goes?

I'll never get rid if Mbuzi. Maybe for a Sakuma I will.

See where this goes?

LOL - I know that all too well.

If you want to sell your Mbuzi one day... See where this goes?

LOL - I know that all too well.

If you want to sell your Mbuzi one day... See where this goes?

I've thought about it before and then I go for a ride and its just the most perfect bike I've ever had.

Something special about it.

You guys use your Mbuzi's for distance ever or is it just the ultimate bashing down the trails bike?

What travel is it again 170mm?

I've thought about it before and then I go for a ride and its just the most perfect bike I've ever had.

Something special about it.

Never ridden a Mbuzi, but I love my Shova lots.

Can't say that I push to it's limits that I really NEED it's bigger brother, but you know how it goes.

I have installed a workscomponents 1.5° headset, but I can't say it 'transformed' the bike completely.

Don't have a proper measuring tool to measure the head angle. Just used an app on the phone, but it's crap. (or it's the operator that's to blame :whistling: )

The wheelbase went from 1110mm to 1120mm & when compared to the cane creek advanced calculator it seems like I've definitely changed by -1.5° which will land me at 67.5° (-ish) like the Mbuzi has.

Ive been wanting to drop one of those onto the Mbuzi to drop to 66deg on the HA but for now the 67.5 is pretty sweet.

If you ever up in JHB let me know and you can take the Mbuzi out for a spin.

Latest upgrade

1796702_10151850514496557_1746902410_n.jpg

1508058_10151850514466557_1573200990_n.jpg

I did find a puddle of brake fluid under the bike this morning. No idea where it came from though...

What's been upgraded!? Looks like pretty much everything on that cockpit has been glammed to the limit, green stem is naais :)

How are those carbon bars compared to the alu version? That's what I'm running, not very worried about weight, carbon gives a slight amount of flex, or is it the opposite?

I still love every ride on my Shova, plushest, fastest, best crossover race/knobby trail charger ever!

Esp if you are a skinny guy and don't blow through the travel on the rp23 on every little jump, must be amazing with a more tunable shock though.

You can get decently specced Mbuzi/Shova/Zula these days for just over R12k 2hnd, due to those lovely 29ers making them "redundant" hahahahaha

Archived