Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

Thats a Morewood 4X Bike , think its called an Ndiza - What kinda riding you doing with it?

I saw one for sale round my neck of the woods ... actually if you got it in PMB its probably the same bike!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morewood Ndiza right!? My boet really wants one of those... and rare they are.

Thats a Morewood 4X Bike , think its called an Ndiza - What kinda riding you doing with it?I saw one for sale round my neck of the woods ... actually if you got it in PMB its probably the same bike!

yup! it's the Ndiza ...good spotting! :clap:

and yes... it's the one from your neck of the woods

As for riding... well, it's great for dirt jumping, bike park riding, slopestyle stuff... short tech trails. It's super nimble... I love it!

ahhhh my fav thread...

Nice patches :thumbup:

PS. Morewoods are not supposed to be slick, they are like german tanks...

I have heard guys pumping that rear shock up to almost 300PSI for certain tracks. What do these frames go for now-a-days? I take it they only take up to a 100mm fork?

Would dig to build one of these puppies...

ahhhh my fav thread...Nice patches :thumbup: PS. Morewoods are not supposed to be slick, they are like german tanks...

Thanks rouxtjie ;)

...I just thought with all these hot Zulas being posted, my little grasshopper would be outta place, haha! my other morewood is an Izimu... I think one can use it to uproot trees, hahaha!

I have heard guys pumping that rear shock up to almost 300PSI for certain tracks. What do these frames go for now-a-days? I take it they only take up to a 100mm fork?Would dig to build one of these puppies...

Well, sadly Morewood has pulled the Ndiza from their lineup... 2010 was the last run of them. I heard a 2010 frame sold for 14k brand new.

Just like they pulled the Shova as well - probably their best selling model. Not ideal in my opinion as its a top bike! I recon they could have just tweeked it further to make it even more of a winner.

My 2c

I love my bike !!! :P

A riding buddy of mine has one on order and they are meant to be here for Easter ....

Agreed MoreTrails ... the Shova is a great bike, but I think with the Zula taking care of the marathon element and the Sukuma having 10mm more travel the Shova becomes a little redundant. It will be interesting to see how the Sukuma's suspension performs with the new set-up vs the Shova's Single Pivot.

The Sukuma is also meant to be a light frame, so I imagine you could easily build one up and treat it like a Shova in either a lighter build or a more hard hitting build.

H

Has the Sukuma gone into production yet, and has anyone got one ?

I believe August is more or less when they'll be out

• 4 weeks later...

After a very long search I eventually got my Morewood!

Morewood Shova

Revelation 150mm

Hope Pro 2 Hubs with DT Swiss EX500 rims and WTB Exiwolf 2.3 tyres.

XT groupset

Easton EA70 cockpit and Thomson seatpost with On One saddle.

Before: (The white and green Shova posted by Nobody)

www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/topic/40435-lets-see-those-morewoods/page__st__100

And after:

Bloody hell that looks sexy .... is that a grey or charcoal paint job and where did you have it done?

I am wanting to do mine in matte black with gloss black stickers.

H

Bloody hell that looks sexy .... is that a grey or charcoal paint job and where did you have it done?

I am wanting to do mine in matte black with gloss black stickers.

H

Thanks, I like it too.

Morewood factory refurbish job. I took the frame to William and he organized everything. The color is the Mbuzi grey and they put on new stickers. The cost was R1200 of which R370 was transport costs. Well worth it. The paint work is top notch.

You can choose any color currently in the Morewood range. You might have to wait for the next batch of your chosen color to be done.

Thanks, I like it too.

Morewood factory refurbish job. I took the frame to William and he organized everything. The color is the Mbuzi grey and they put on new stickers. The cost was R1200 of which R370 was transport costs. Well worth it. The paint work is top notch.

You can choose any color currently in the Morewood range. You might have to wait for the next batch of your chosen color to be done.

When I bought my Shova frame the seller had a new Mbuzi in the grey colour and I fell in love with it ...

I am also be tempted to go this colour with Gloss Black stickers and then trim off the "spray effect" that is on the stickers.

Just need to scratch up my current paint job to justify this with the wife unsure.gif

Nice work there!

ok... so MtbBarbie has been nagging for pics of the uber-awesome Ndiza, since it's wheel upgrade.

Unfortunately these were taken in the basement parking at work... poor lighting, cellphone camera... and dirty bike (I rode the Spruit from Marks Park to Riverside to come to work this morning).

post-10758-0-92644500-1304682560.jpg

post-10758-0-72006600-1304682570.jpg

post-10758-0-92572800-1304682577.jpg

But yeah, that's the general idea. Will post better pics when she's clean

• 3 months later...

Archived