Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Anyone notice the new Jabula on Morewood's site?

http://bc905dbd4937d931353a-16c6d58995f60c2b225c8e6c8e81c6d4.r52.cf1.rackcdn.com/jabula-wallpaper-3.jpg

I'd love one of those sukuma's!! Damn that's a HOTTIE! Anyone know anything about the 650b Zula?

You guys are passionate about morewood and it is great to see. Does this come from that fact that it is a local brand or is it because it is a great bike? You guys will probably say both but how does this brand really compare to major international brands?

You guys are passionate about morewood and it is great to see. Does this come from that fact that it is a local brand or is it because it is a great bike? You guys will probably say both but how does this brand really compare to major international brands?

You're right, it's both! Seriously though, it's up there with some of the best of them. My Mbuzi is still one of the best bikes I've ever owned. The fact that Mr Morewood was involved himself does raise my passion for the brand and the fact that Morewood was born and bred locally helps even more.

My passion aside, if you look at the international reviews they are always good - and those guys couldn't give a hoot where the bikes hail from. Makulu is a legendary bike on the private DH scene and their FR bikes are not far behind. They are built tough with looks to match, easy to maintain with a nice bunch of people on the other side of the phone. What is not to like.

You're right, it's both! Seriously though, it's up there with some of the best of them. My Mbuzi is still one of the best bikes I've ever owned. The fact that Mr Morewood was involved himself does raise my passion for the brand and the fact that Morewood was born and bred locally helps even more.

My passion aside, if you look at the international reviews they are always good - and those guys couldn't give a hoot where the bikes hail from. Makulu is a legendary bike on the private DH scene and their FR bikes are not far behind. They are built tough with looks to match, easy to maintain with a nice bunch of people on the other side of the phone. What is not to like.

This is so good to hear! It is great if a local brand is considered right up there with the big boys especially if its internationally acclaimed as wellthumbup1.gif

My Mbuzi is the best bike I've ever owned. Full stop.

Spoke to a few people, looked at some photos and took a shot in the dark when ordering the frame.

Being a local company allowed me to get advice straight from the factory. 100% spot on advice that no salesman would ever be able to give me no matter how well he knew the brand.

Top notch company.

• 4 months later...

My new baby - rolleyes.gif

Morewood Zula Large

Rock Shox Reba team 120mm fork

Exilir CR Brakes

American classic Tubeless wheelset

Aerozine Crank set

SRAM X0 Gripshifts

SRAM X0 Rear der

Shimano XT Front der

Truvativ Noir Handlebar and seat post

Fizik Gobi saddle

Geax Saguro 2.2 front tyre

Conti Race King 2.2 rear tyre

Chris King BB and Headset

a bit of a repost:

Sold my Zula on Monday and shortly thereafter the hub broke. Was it perhaps MY fault that it broke?!

• 2 weeks later...

Just about the only day that I rode her the way she was meant to be ridden!

Damned bike photographs well in a trail setting ;)

post-5403-0-97961400-1370442193_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-12895700-1370442201_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-23936800-1370442206_thumb.jpg

Archived