Q-Rings

Newboy

I know this topic has been discussed lots of times. I ride Q-Rings on my road bike and absoluty love them. Does any hubbers ride them on their mountain bikes and what is your experience? TryBoy2009-05-20 06:44:10

I know this topic has been discussed lots of times. I ride Q-Rings on my road bike and absoluty love them. Does any hubbers ride them on their mountain bikes and what is your experience?

I used them on my mtb. I found them to be beneficial from an efficiency point of view, ie youcan pedal further for the same energy output.

but...

they seem to be from a special kind of cheese, perhaps devonshire. they lasted 6 months and then I had to bin them.

Apparently they are using a harder aluminium now.

Pricey but nice.

Burry and Christoph uses it.

Be that as it may, I reckon they are fast cause they are Burry and Christoph, not cause of the Q-Rings. Spurious correlation, what ho tiddly peep and all that.

The funny thing with funny things like Q rings is that you will convince you that it makes you more efficient/smoother/whatever. Like when a quack chiro 'manipulates' you to sort out subluxations and align energy (people actually believe this nonsense) you feel better, because you've been 'treated' (handled, more like it). Hey JB, you must have an opinion on this....no?

According to their site, the agency that imports them is 'Impressions fitness and Health'. They have Tour De France and the lab in JHB as stockists.

I put an enquiry in through their site, but have not had a responce

The funny thing with funny things like Q rings is that you will convince you that it makes you more efficient/smoother/whatever. Like when a quack chiro 'manipulates' you to sort out subluxations and align energy (people actually believe this nonsense) you feel better' date=' because you've been 'treated' (handled, more like it). Hey JB, you must have an opinion on this....no?

[/quote']

offcoarse all this stuff works, just ask the guys that ride carbon bikes or use lycra booties.

Have it on the tandem and it improved our climbing abilityThumbs%20Up
Ditto - my boet and I weighed 210 kg including tandem and after putting then on we never touched granny gear again

I wouldn't put that crap on my bike if it was for free.
Why so against them as neary everyone who use them can testify that they work. I used them my tandem and after that never used granny gear ever on climb. Matter a fact with enogh momemtum we could power over gentle rolling hills and stay in big blade.

When I sold the tandem I put them on my half bike the difference was immediately evident.