Name BAD Cycle shops

Pappa Bear

Howdy.....

I think we should start to name and Shame Cycle shops that give bad service..... AngryAngryAngryAngry

Some of my frustrations:

1.  Not friendlyCry

2.  Not helpfullConfused

3.  Not caring stockDead

4.  Technical incompetandAngry

5. Customer service, huh can you eat it?Ouch

Shurely we the cyclist should receive better service - we keep them in business!!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is sometimes it's just our perception of bad service. We have a fight with other half so rest of day is bugge*d so when we wait for 10 minutes for service we all peeved again.

I agree we should write down why we are angry about a bike shop. as some servcie just sucks. I asked my LBS for some bolts for my bottle cages whuch i was willing to pay for and is was like a big deal for them, even though i was buying R1000  worth of goods at the time.

One persons bad shop is another's favourite LBS so it would be rather difficult to get something balanced out of this IMHO ........

If you have to bad mouth every shop that does not carry stock, the list would include 95% of the shops in the country.

1. Not friendly - a few

2. Not helpfull - a lot

3. Not caring stock - too many to mention

4. Technical incompetand - a few

5. Customer service, huh can you eat it? - a few

One persons bad shop is another's favourite LBS so it would be rather difficult to get something balanced out of this IMHO ........

I agree.

We all know MY LBS is better than YOUR LBS.

LOL

It's all about communication. Form a relationship with you LBS and if you get rubbish service, let them know so they get better. (Perfect world scenario I guess)

True that, more like a need for a whine

Hmmmmm........

Makes sense.

Here is a good shop:

Fritz Pienaar in Irene - Technical competand, Friendly, Fair

Bad service.....

Here is an example.... Did an upgrade on my bike - got juicy 7 brakes, 200mm front, 185mm back.  The guy promissed me that his BEST tech will work on my bike...... When I inspected the bike he used the wrong caliper adapter brackets..... Shimano on Avid brakes..... it LOOKS fine but on closer inspection it shows that only 2/3s of the pad grips the rotor.... He also used a front 200mm bracket on the back of the bike to "make" it fit - did not get the correct bracket.........  Result - Bought new brake pads and the correct adapters and did the job myself.....

Bad service - Taking your bike in for a service and getting it back with under performing brakes (discs) due to an idiot cleaning the rotors with a greassy rag......

Scratches on your fork? Cracked fork due to over tightend bolts?

That IMHO is bad service.......

O yeah and if you walk in to the shop , they see you don't great you..... have to wait for ever to be helped and then you KNOW the guy is clueless......

These days I prefer to order from CRC and do my own stuff...... 

You generally find the down to earth ones are by far the best! Some are just way too busy with themselves to give you the time of day!

i think it would be a tough call, if you build a relationship with a bike shop it can be good but if something goes wrong just once you may have to start all over again.

IMHO it's best to have 2 or 3 bike shops that can help you out. like for example. i only buy my spares and tools from a certain shop, no value is required, i know what i want at the best price.

for servicing though i do all my own work so i only have myself to blame when something goes wrong, i think the majority of issues arrise from this area.

MUST JUST MENTION THAT Fritz Pienaar in Irene is NOT the shop that gave me the bad service....... FPI is excellent!

Why do you have to build a relationship with a shop? It is service and products offered. If I walk into a shop I want the best service and the best price from the word go. Then I will be back and recommend them to others. But then they will get too busy and everything will go down the toilet.

Why do you have to build a relationship with a shop? It is service and products offered. If I walk into a shop I want the best service and the best price from the word go. Then I will be back and recommend them to others. But then they will get too busy and everything will go down the toilet.

If any shop, not only cycling related, wants to have a relationship with my bank card then at least be friendly, helpful, have at least some of the stuffs I want etc...

Having said that I have been buying from 2 Cycle Shops and at the one I spend the most at they know my name and greet me with a smile when I walk in. They don't stock all the stuffs I want so thats why the second bike shop. They don't know me but do greet me with a friendly attitude and offer assistance when you enter their establishment and take the time to advise me on stuffs.