Gansbaai skills track - more pics added

Gansbay

20090615_142734_001.gif

20090615_143512_002.gif

20090615_143714_003.gif

We're adding another jump line to the track (Thanks Calla and Wiltas!)  Here you can see the start ramp and the first jump in its beginning stages.  Calla is planning two jumps and then two fast berms before joining the jumps lower down.  Should be fun.  The little XC track runs just above the ramp so it could be a fun way to get back to the top for the fitter riders!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Had some help with the track, thanks Calla - been going slow as so much time went into the Gansbaai race and now in the wilderness area for two weeks.  Here are some more pics of a recent session as well as progress.  Hope to have it finished for december!

20090722_155505_001.jpg

20090722_155631_002.jpg

This is the new section - the last jump will be changed once the berm is finished (will be a left then right rurn berms), then we will join it with the other section lower down. 

20090722_160053_003.jpg

that awesome! Anyway, contact PPA for helmets they sponsor a LOT of money for development. They also handed out helmets to commuters last year.  Contact me if you need waterbottles, sure I can sort something out with the local virgin active. They have about 50 from people who forget their at the gym and never collects. 

Thanks Fanie, will do that.  We need to contact them for our race and we'll talk helmets.  I'll pm you re bottles when I get back from leave.

In the meantime some photos to show local riders at the track (we are trying hard to address the no helmet issue.  we have made a few available but would rather give away or charge a nominal fee.

20090723_011955_001a.jpg

BEFORE (this little guy had been riding for about 2 weeks on the bike above before one of the local guys using the track helped him and he entered our race (30km)

20090723_012248_001b.jpg

AFTER!!

I was in Pearly Beach this weekend.  I would have popped in to check this out if I had known.

I took a ride from Pearly to Elim - quite a nice scenic ride, with two STEEP hills!

I was in Pearly Beach this weekend.  I would have popped in to check this out if I had known.

I took a ride from Pearly to Elim - quite a nice scenic ride' date=' with two STEEP hills!
[/quote']

There is a nice loop if you ride that way Mrs Colonel.  From Elim ride to wolvengat (Viljoenshof) and then back along the ridge to the Pearly beach road.  (Mostly on the lighthouse to lighthouse route).  A nice round trip with one of the fastests downhills around! (the one down to P'beach)

Thanks Hog - we think it might be too big as only two guys have managed to clear it, and even then their back wheels sometimes drops into the gap.  we are probably going to close the gap so that more can ride it.

Some more photos below 20090723_054541_002c.jpg

20090723_054355_002b.jpg

I took a ride from Pearly to Elim - quite a nice scenic ride' date=' with two STEEP hills!
[/quote']

There is a nice loop if you ride that way Mrs Colonel.  From Elim ride to wolvengat (Viljoenshof) and then back along the ridge to the Pearly beach road.  (Mostly on the lighthouse to lighthouse route)A nice round trip with one of the fastests downhills around! (the one down to P'beach)

I've clocked 86 going down that hill. Its so steep you only see the runout from the top, you don't see the middle section. Might be going to GBay next week, will probably go check out the skills track.

Good work Gansbay!

20090604_150324_IMG_2326.gif

I think this is a MUCH nicer shot! The fill in flash in the other one is too much - makes it an artificial.