Riding with contact lenses.

drtntar

Hi guys, I have just recently started riding and am loving it... I have a problem though, I am just not winning with riding with contact lenses (and I really need them). What are the other alternatives for people like me? I have seen inserts for Sunglasses.. is this the way to go?

I ride with contact lenses...no problems at all. I've even done race without my sunglasses and still no problems. Maybe you should try a different type?

Same here. I ride with contact lenses.

Only blew out twice(with my sunglasses on) in PE's wind and on the track once.

What make are you using?

I've been riding with contact lenses for more than 10 years. No issues.

Sunglasses helps to keep most of the direct wind out of your eyes - wind tends to dry your eyes out quicker with contacts in.

Did the Ama Rider 100 miler - with all the rain you could not see through sunglasses and even then the contacts worked fine.

My eyes were very bad- I needed glasses to find my glasses- I rode with contact lenses for years with no probem until Sani2c about 3 years ago with mud like i've never seen. This actualy damaged my eyes .

Went for an eye op and never looked back. Now  I ride with no prescription glasses, just glasses for eye protection.

The eye op changed my life - If you want more info let me kow.

Same here, been riding with them for years.

Try the Johnson & Johnson disposable range (Aqueous?). They're great.  I used them during the Epic, which is very dusty, and I wore them for the whole week. 

Same here' date=' been riding with them for years.

Try the Johnson & Johnson disposable range (Aqueous?). They're great.  I used them during the Epic, which is very dusty, and I wore them for the whole week. 
[/quote'] Acuvue.....

I've been wearing contacts for around 30 years now - running, cycling etc. with no problems.  Just always wear glasses to keep the wind and dust down a bit.  If you are a mtb'er carry a small bottle of saline in your camelback - and on important races I also carry a spare set of disposables with me just in case

Used to ride in glasses till i rode in the rain at Tokai .....................OuchOuch

Now always ride in contacts.Big%20smile

The problem that I have with contact lenses is that they blow out and my eyes get tired after a few hours. I would way rather ride with just plain sunglasses that cater for my eyesite issues..

Riding on and off with contacts.  Sometimes things just get too dusty and eyes get irritated, then would ride with normal specs.  Havent found the best answer yet.

I ride with Adidas with the prescription inserts. Brilliant as you have a choice of lense colour and, if you are wearing your contacts, just take out the insert. Works for me!

I also use Adidas (Evil eye, I think) with the insert and sometimes with me contacts but with my Adidas and don't any problems. I can maybe organise you but you will have to get the insert from a Optomerist. PM if you are interested.