L-Glutamine users

obree

I recently purchased a bag of L-Glutamine from Warren Chem in Edenvale. R190.00 for 1kg foil bag.

They have  a branch in CT as well

011 452 1340

Obree - Do you really find a difference in recovery from L-glu ?

I could not find that it definitely helped, one improve on training routines and some weeks recover faster naturally and sometimes I just wonder if this is not all a mental thing.

I was quite into gym a few years back and I also found this to be true for protein as well. Would you have gained as much without the extra's of how can one compare ?

I take a teaspoon, upon completion of a session, then another before bedtime. For me it "feels" like it works. But yes a good question, I guess you have to try it and see if it works.

It definitely helps combat lactic acid build-up in the muscles. Once I start putting in serious km's I start to suffer from muscle pain, L-Glut prevent that. smiley22.gif

L-glutamine helps my immune system.  I don't get sick so easy when I'm pushing hard.

I'm not convinced of any of the other benefits.

Good to hear some of you found a way to test the use vs non use (natural you).

Helps with not getting sick - nice - should try this then for these winter months. Immune system needs a boost to keep me up and running

Yep, it's a good supplement to take when training hard as it helps support your immune system which becomes vulnerable under such stress. There are different grades of Glutamine, so try and make sure it's the top grade before getting too excited about the price.

Yep' date=' it's a good supplement to take when training hard as it helps support your immune system which becomes vulnerable under such stress. There are different grades of Glutamine, so try and make sure it's the top grade before getting too excited about the price.

[/quote']

Thats why I never train hard. Dont need to take anything and dont get sick either LOL

Can't understand why people take supplements. Eat good food.

Either to grow muscle faster and/or to aid recovery. It makes a big difference...

Yep' date=' it's a good supplement to take when training hard as it helps support your immune system which becomes vulnerable under such stress. There are different grades of Glutamine, so try and make sure it's the top grade before getting too excited about the price.

[/quote']

What should we look at regarding the "Grade" of the product. They gave a spec sheet with it, but I dont know what to look for. How does one determine that the product supplied by various companies, at a pharmacy is "top grade" ?

All the stuff that makes a real difference is banned.

HaHa, yah, cant argue with that.

L Glutamine really does work (at least for me it does)... I use the flavoured Biogen one (lemon lime). Easy to drink as it tastes nice. Worked like a bomb for Epic training.