Farking idiot - seen on N1 into Cape Town

mdk555

First time I've ever heard that saying' date=' and I'm an old bold cyclist, as are most of my friends. Are you sure it's not a saying applicable to motorcyclists?

Body of an adult, brain of a toddler = second childhood... Big%20smile

[/quote']

Well, I guess its a generic, just replace "cyclist" with motorcyclist, motorist, scuba diver, arial acrobat, ...........!!"Big%20smile

...........you aint that old, now me on the other hand..................Wink!! - but I have always been far to scared to do that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MDK55 I hope you didn't use your cell phone to take that picture while driving' date=' thats also illegal. smiley2.gif [/quote']

think it looked like passenger side view. but anyway, only talking on the phone is illegal AFAIK.

Only 40km/h? Frikkin pissy!

Well down Huisriveir Pass we made 75km/h. Had to slow down for the cars! smiley2.gif

Ok, Sorry you are wrong.

Firstly, the N1 stops under the Koeberg Wisselaar, (were you can turn left towards Muizenberg), so this guy is not wrong in riding here. All the cyclist who cycle in to town ride here,

the only "wrong" is that he slipstream a truck,,,, and guess what? most of you did that at some stage on another road as well.

So, to be fair, I'm not sure why he is called a idiot.

Guest colonel

The rest of you get off your high horses and get on your bikes.? Stop moaning and go train!!!

Why arent you on yours then???

I used to slipstream trucks back in my youth, but wasn't as daring as this guy. You don't need to be that close and you can still get a good draft by sticking to the very left of the truck. That way you can take evasive action if the truck slams on brakes.

Bold move to ride so close to the centre of the truck... It's much safer to pay a friend with a motorbike to do pace work in the countryside.

Also cheaper on fuel than paying a truck driver to pace you Wink

Mdk555 did you really take the time out of your day to post this picture and also, why does it eek you so much?

a. You don't know the bloke so you shouldn't care what he does with his spare time

b. You're hold up traffic in the mid-pace lane to take a picture of a truck going 40km/h

c. That guy is a machine, I wonder how long he hung on there.

...that said, I wouldn't do this myself. Okay maybe I would, depends who's up the road.

Slipstream all you want you lazy bunch. Cycled 5km uphill against a rather nice gusty wind in Somerset West this morning and it was fun. At least I like a challenge and Africa ain't for sissies!!!

But I guess this explains why so many people saw the tar in this Argus just because we had a little breeze in the Cape Big%20smile

cbrunsdon2009-06-22 01:37:06

I wont lie that I used to enjoy hanging onto trucks that came by with guys I rode was. Was really fun. Then once i saw the break lights come on and i wasnt expecting that so wont be trying that again!

Often see people taking a truck ride on Atlas road' date=' benoni

[/quote']

How could you not be expecting the truck to brake?

Is there anything else to think about in that situation?

I was on this road yesterday.. hey its the motorway or getting stabbed by some dodgy guy on the main road going to town, your choice but I do ride next to the pavement out of harms way

Ive seen a coupl (man and lady) wearing a Diaken Gu tops do this often on marine dirve behind buses and trucks....she is blondish.....

Idiots

Well, my wife just called me to say she is rushing her PA through to the Springs hospital.

The hospital just called to say her husband was involved in a motorcycle accident (he drives to work on one of those little Vespa's) - seems he drove slap bang into the back of a bakkie in the town centre, the driver of the bakkie who went to the hospital as well also spoke to her and said he flew 3/4 of the height of a telephone pole into the air before landing on the tar - he said he and the motorbike was probably going no faster than - guess what - 40kms per hour -.

The Hospital has said they are operating immediately to remove his spleen, he lost 4 litres of blood and they are concerned about other organs which look crushed - they told her they cant wait for her, if they dont operate NOW, he will have less than 30 minutes to live.

So Yah, go ahead, draft trucks, just make sure you are single, have no loved ones to leave broken hearted and you have a good insurance policy.

He is not only a fool, he has no respect for his wife and family either.!