Public Apology To DCM Chrome

tiger cycles

I write this post as an official apology to DCM Chrome, for any name slandering and defamation I have caused towards the sponsors, riders, management and owners of the team. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I was employed as mechanic to DCM Chrome for the Cape Epic 2009. My job entailed cleaning & servicing of the bikes everyday for 6 riders in total. During the race I had to sub contract work to a workshop more experienced in Cannondale repairs than myself, this resulted in addition bills being sent directly to DCM for payment. DCM were under the impression that all repairs would have been carried out my myself as I was the official team mechanic for the race. This process of investigation invoices & repairs has taken DCM some time to sort through and therefore the delay in payment.

Admittedly, there were other routes I could have followed to get the issue resolved instead of how I reacted. I acted in a irrational manner and created negative publicity for the riders and the sponsors in the process. This was not my intention at any point but unfortunately that was the result. For this I greatly apologise to all parties involved, especially the management of DCM Chrome.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one...we have to watch what we say these days.

Yip, a forum is still a public space, cant just go nuts.

Too many hubbers shooting from the hip ... just to apologise later!!! Contain your anger before posting on a public forum ....

Big respect,

I do however hope you were given an apology from DCM Chrome.

Money due is due, problems or not. It took them to long to pay you what was due. Another case of the BIG guy hammers the little guy, when they needed you, you were there, cannondale or not, you got the work done. Imagine if you had made the rider wait for his bike as long as you had to wait for the payment to be settled?

I guarantee there would have been some frustrated words!

I for one feel an apology should not be required by you, I have my own retail business and pay attention to public forums and blogs, we get the most honest feedback from these things...

Good luck with your business.

It is very apparent on Thehub that there is always two sides to a story. Thanks for sharing the other part of the story that was omitted (Intentionally or unintentionally I don't care?) in your initial post and all the best ahead.

Too many hubbers shooting from the hip ... just to apologise later!!! Contain your anger before posting on a public forum ....

It is easier to to appologise than to get permission!

Honestly I don't see why he has to apologise.  He stated his facts (as was available to him, I hope), and DCM had ample opportunity to state their side of the story - and failed to do so.  Personally he didn't have much choice in the matter - going public was the only way to put some sort of pressure on them.