Alpha Parm giving away our hard spent money

darkhorse

My cat is called Moo Moo - it makes mieowing sounds all day.

Eldrons contribution t making your day more surreal.

Here endeth a rather strange sub hijack.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

This sponsoring thing of a foreigner will be a major issue if there were 10 or 20 buitelanders being sponsored by a SA company. So perhaps the original post had a bit of sense - can easily be twisted into nonsense though!

From her website english page (tho it's more fun to translate the swedish version)

Winter in South Africa

2009-07-08 2009-07-08

//

It is the first time that I am in South Africa during their winter, I have heard from my friends that it is cold and rainy. During the race weekends in Knysna we had about 20 and sunshine, so nothing to complains about. On the other hand it gets very cold during the night, yesterday when I went cycling at 8am it was 5-6 degrees, brrrr, and since there is no insulation in the houses here it's very cold inside, something that I am not used Thursday, since I come from a country that for example uses triple glass in the windows! 

And there is other fruits that are cheap in the shops, how about 5,5kg oranges for 70 euro cent!!! Guess if I eat oranges every day??? 

The race this weekend in Knysna went well. The race this weekend in Knysna went well. It was the 4 th leg of the Alpha Pharm seeding series and I was in the leading jersey at the start. It was the 4 th leg of the Alpha Pharm seeding series and I was in the leading jersey at the start. South Africas 3 teams were there and before start I heard rumours that they were all going to work together to ride me off, each team had 4 riders so it was 12 against 1, I was a little bit nervous when I heard that but just knew that I had to ride cleverly. South Africas 3 teams were there and before the start I heard rumours that they were all going to work together to ride me off, each team had 4 riders so it was 12 against 1, I was a little bit nervous when I heard that but just knew that I had to ride cleverly.

The race started with a 5km hill out of town and the bunch split there already. The race started with a 5km hill out of town and the Bunch split there already. After that it was a steady pace until the next long climb of 8km up to the queen of the mountain sprint. After that it was a steady pace until the next long climb of 8km up to the queen of the mountain sprint. There were a lot of attacks up that hill and at the top it was only 6 of us left, we did not work that well together so more girls caught us from behind. There were a lot of attacks up that hill and at the top it was only 6 of us left, we did not work that well together so more girls caught us from behind. Since it was a lot of attacks, specially from MTN, I had to be very alert to which ones I had to go on not to burn myself out at the same time as I could not let anything important go.

Since it was a lot of attacks, Specially from MTN, I had to be very alert Thursday which ones I had to go on not to burn myself out at the same time as I could not let anything important go. It finally came down to a bunch sprint and I was happy that the 12 girls did not manage to ride me off in the end. It finally came down to a Bunch sprint and I was happy that the 12 girls did not manage to ride me off in the end. The sprint was won by Merissa Van de Merve from MTN and I was second.  Anriette, who is second in the series, came third so I got some more points on her in the total and kept the green leaders jersey for another round. Wednesday in the total and kept the green leaders jersey for another round.

This weekend will be without races, lots of training in Stellenbosch instead, but the forecast says real winter weather which means lots of rain so we will see how it goes?

Should we maybe kick out Christoph Sauser, too? I mean, he's one of those dirty Swiss people. And maybe we should insist that Specialized stop sponsoring Burry, cause I mean, what claim does that avaricious American company have on our homeboy? C'mon man 'Fakes'/dank horse get real.

Oh, and we better get Barloworld to fire all those smelly foreigners on their pro continental team, too. Dunno how we've managed to tolerate it this far.

And while you guys are on a roll(er), can we please get rid of all the embassy's and consulates from 1st world countries that might just help us continue to build up this fine nation of ours?

norty Alphapharm, giving away money to someone deserving. I suppose you care a lot about worldwide organisations whereby the profits go back to the parent company. pft

Alpha Pharm are giving their series more value by bringing in someone who can make the SA ladies go faster.

Not a team, just an individual.

Makes it a lot more interesting esp. if together they cant cope with her.

5! 1 to change the lightbulb and 4 to fill the box with brightly coloured power tools?

Maybe one of our top ladies is behind this story  --  i wonder ????? I am sure they would like to send her home so that they can start with their "Sunday afternoon  bunchrides" again at the races.

5! 1 to change the lightbulb and 4 to fill the box with brightly coloured power tools?

two. a fish and a bone.

I am speechless.....

Well, almost.  Who is this bitter 'darkhorse' character?  Come on say who you are because I would like to know what bitter husband/father/mother/little girl is behind this childish post.  Come on share.

Wow, Jenny has been a great supporter of SA races and deserve our support, not jealous snipes.  She is good.  Deal with it you neurotic little sht...

Oh' date=' and we better get Barloworld to fire all those smelly foreigners on their pro continental team, too. Dunno how we've managed to tolerate it this far. [/quote'] Barloworld is actually a British team so maybe John-Lee and Robbie should stop waisting the English money and make way for more locals!!!