Alpha Parm giving away our hard spent money

darkhorse

Ahh but you know our big mistake with this one was to jump in too hard too quick.  Look' date=' the thing has burnt out cuz Darkhorse didnt show again after the 1st post, & it's only 10 o' clock, what are we gonna do now?

It's the same as when John Terry gets substituted in a game, it's no fun as there's no one left to hate.

Next time, one of us has to be sympathetic and draw things out more slowly so that the intended victim sticks around a bit longer.

Deal?

[/quote'] LOL Deal

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From their website:

The group is made up of a national network of Pharmaceutical wholesalers with 9 distribution centres and over 850 retail pharmacies holding the shares in four companies.

Almost three hundred of the above are identified Alpha Pharm Pharmacies across the country. They all belong to the individual owner an independent retail pharmacist.

This is where the strength lies because the manager is also the owner of the pharmacy and will walk that extra mile for his customers. And because he is the owner you will see him in his pharmacy year in and year out.

In the wholesale division more than 18,000 items are carried and it represents almost every item that you will find on a retail pharmacies shelves.

In-house, state of the art, IT systems drive the communications and business procedures to streamline the service excellence for which the group stands.

The slogan ?YOUR FIRST STEP IN HEALTHCARE? is a registered trademark used in all the retail store.

I've raced with Jennie(not the spelling - not Jenny!) this year and am in full support of AP sponsoring her.

The ladies need more competition to improve and yes it would be great if there were more than 3 pro teams. But here we have a single rider who can do this against 3 teams!

So Jennie is helping ladies racing and not running away with SA moneyAngry

And RE SA ladies racing - there are 2 things:

1) improve the level of the pro's to world class - can only happen by racing more overseas! Here we are lucky to have an overseas rider coming to race here - thanks JennieWink

2) Get more ladies to SA pro level i.e. to get more than 3 pro teams ...and that's up to the club level riders to get to that level through proper training(yes maybe here $$$ does help) and just for them to make an effort to race with the pros(& if they showing potential, they'll get noticed!).

Jennie keep up the great racing! SA ladies cycling needs youSmile

WTF

I don?t get why they did not rather invest in a South African riders future.

[/quote']

Donker Donkie, could there not be a case that this one rider will insipre, educate by example, and train others by being here and racing?

If Lance/Contador/Cavendish et al came out to race here, would you also moan and groan or would you go to a couiple of the races to see how fast theses chaps REALLY are? I think that something like that would be invaluable and I bet you many of the top riders would relish the chance to pit themselves against this calibre of rider.

So why not a lady and why not MTB?

I think you need to get off your high "dark" horse and join the rest of us nearer mother earth.

Or hang on, have we all been had? This username was created in Feb this year and so far only 5 posts. Someone saw that there was only the one post then Donker Donkie ran for the hills (must be an MTBer).

Hmmmmmm. Ermm

In a similar vein then, the whole "buy" South African debate is rubbish. Proudly South African?

I would love love to ride with/against overseas riders in our local races - but if you asked me whether I would pay to bring a rider here and race against him - I'd say no.

If he's here on his own accord, bringing his Euro's with him, that's great. Good for our economy and everything else.

Our local leagues are for locals- besides JS I think we have a Moroccan also racing.

The TdFrance is an international sporting event, with international teams. I don't think there is a single team of one nationality. Even the french company Cofidis have two non-french riders (probably playing Domestiques).

Waiting for some facts about a SA rider sponsored by a company of the host country competing in the "local" leagues abroad.

In a similar vein then' date=' the whole "buy" South African debate is rubbish. Proudly South African?

[/quote']

buy a raleigh ??

buy a morewood ??

"Local leagues are for locals"

How quaint that people like this still exist, but what xenophobic nonsense.

There's no nationality or residency requirement to enter an event here, why should there be?

It doesnt matter if the swedish lady adds anything or not, but clearly she does in a sport where there are only 3 teams. So the diversity is welcome.

"Local leagues are for locals"

?

How quaint that people like this still exist' date=' but what xenophobic nonsense.

?

There's no nationality or residency requirement to enter an event here, why should there be?

?

It doesnt matter if the swedish lady adds anything or not, but clearly she does in a sport where there are only 3 teams. So the diversity is welcome.

?

?

?

?
[/quote']

remember that south american guy who had a wife called evita?

If foreigners want to race the local leagues - they can do it at their own cost.

If foreigners want to race the local leagues - they can do it at their own cost.

So if riders from spain riding for a french team wants to ride the tdf they must do so at own cost?

How?s that!!!

South Africans spend their hard earned money at Alpha Pharm outlets across the country and they go and pay us back for our support by sponsoring a foreigner.

WTF

I don?t get why they did not rather invest in a South African riders future.

Jenny who, she comes takes our prize money and buggers off back to Sweden. WHAM BAM thank you Alpha Pharm. She is taking away what could have been support for a local girl.

Come on Alpha Pharm what are you doing?

[/quote']

That's like saying to Ferrari to not sponsor Michael Schumacher because he is not Italian Dead. Imagine from how many countries he buggered off after winning the prize money. Dont be ghey!

and a rider from south africa must pay for themselves

wait that means Dan Craven must pay to race in europe.....