Do you iPod while riding MTB?

chuck

Do you iPOD while riding?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you iPOD while riding?

• No I want to hear my partner sucking air
    • Yes Dancing Queen gives me a buzz

I like to imagine I'm Darren Berrecloth with Rob Zombie blasting my eardrums to pieces and my backwheel giving Amarider the maintenance work my membership pays for as I slide' date=' spin, crash and rip my way down the trail!!!

[/quote']

Vrekken hel nou is ek lus om te gaan MTB!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do the ipod thing if I am on my own. As someone else said, because I can.

I ride for my enjoyment, so if that's the way to enhance the experience, why not?

I wouldnt do it if I am not alone though, cause it might seem a bit "cruel" towards your riding partner/s.

On another occasion it would be without the music, once again because it would be the choice and the mood I'm in.

I just started using a new sony walkman mp3 player, they're just headphones with 2 gig memory, no cables, nothing in your pocket.......very clever.

I just started using a new sony walkman mp3 player' date=' they're just headphones with 2 gig memory, no cables, nothing in your pocket.......very clever.

[/quote']

I got one of those clip on jobbies yesterday - a 2gig el cheapo safeway. I hope it works! Cool concept though - clip onto camelback/shirt and off you go

I would do the ipod thing if I am on my own. As someone else said' date=' because I can.

I ride for my enjoyment, so if that's the way to enhance the experience, why not?

I wouldnt do it if I am not alone though, cause it might seem a bit "cruel" towards your riding partner/s.

?

On another occasion it would be without the music, once again because it would be the choice and the mood?I'm in.

?

?

?

?
[/quote']

AGREE 100% with Trubie!!

nope mine is lying at home collecting a huge amount of dust. I bought it in London for those boring tube rides & thats pretty much the last time is used it in 2005 when i was there. it looks like this

20090714_024042_31054PARTSL__SL.jpg

I do when I ride alone (with the exception of riding Breedts Nek, then I'm rude to everyone around me Embarrassed)

Also depending on my mood, oh and I only use 1 earpiece. 

Almost always ride with an M3P (as my m-i-l calls it) player. Even at races BUT 90% of the time with only 1 earpiece. Quite often leave it at home for road races though.

As Gnarly and the others whom I rode a bit with at Walkerville will have noticed that I can still hear fine and hold a conversation ......

I do when I ride alone (with the exception of riding Breedts Nek' date=' then I'm rude to everyone around me Embarrassed)

?

Also?depending on my mood, oh and I?only use 1 earpiece.?

?

?
[/quote']

and you sing...

only when i'm alone, and then on a very low volume so i can just hear the bass-line and just a bit of backing mid-range stuff. I like to sing it in my head as i go along. But I haven't done that for a while, and then, like Crow, only on the uphills.

I like the downhill sections just a LITTLE too much to be listening to anything other than DJ Tubby...

never ever, I was almost eaten by a very angry cape cobra at koeberg about two years ago.... if I'd not heard him launching his attack strike I would have been lunch !!!

I never got that whole ~ pod rider ~ thing anyways Wacko

Found some cheap earphones that fit around the ear (Ellies earphones at Game for 40 bucks) and have speakers over the ear rather than buds in the ear. They are ugly and uncool but they allow you to hear other sounds, and you don't need to keep taking them in or out.

Variety, switch the music on, switch it off. Certainly good when you need to change thoughts and change down a gear.