Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

Jeez, how cold was it this morning riding from Eversdal to Stellenbosch & back?? I only took my full finger gloves off going up Helshoogte. :ph34r:

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keen to ride on Saturday, more or less a 65km, average 28-30km/h, any groups I could join? As you can see by my profile I am a newbie to the site and thus dunno if there already is a group going on Sat. Thanks!

Keen to ride on Saturday, more or less a 65km, average 28-30km/h, any groups I could join? As you can see by my profile I am a newbie to the site and thus dunno if there already is a group going on Sat. Thanks!

Rolling a 120er to Du Toitskloof Pass

You're welcome to join.

Tempo endurance.

Send me a PM if you're keen, MichaelJA.

You're welcome to peel off when you wanna head back.

Hi All, I am a competitive vet cyclist, road and MTB. I've just moved to Durbanville from JHB and I am not yet familiar with the routes. I've done quite a bit of MTBing since I got here but need to start getting in some long road rides. What are the best and safest routes to ride on a road bike in this area? I am looking for safe routes to ride early mornings during the week, about 70km's and about 150 to 200 on the weekends. Thanks a lot.

Hi All, I am a competitive vet cyclist, road and MTB. I've just moved to Durbanville from JHB and I am not yet familiar with the routes. I've done quite a bit of MTBing since I got here but need to start getting in some long road rides. What are the best and safest routes to ride on a road bike in this area? I am looking for safe routes to ride early mornings during the week, about 70km's and about 150 to 200 on the weekends. Thanks a lot.

Welcome, Morné

This is cycling paradise.

There are so many routes to choose from and to create.

Some of my favourites:

1. To Bainskloof Pass and back (Wellington) 120ish

2. To Franschoek Pass and back (Franschoek via Stellenbosch) 130ish, also known as Two Passes.

3. To Du Toitskloof Pass and back (Paarl valley)

4. To Melkbosstrand and back - 70ish

5. To Klapmuts and Stellenbosch (R44) - 80ish

6. Kuilsriver-Polkadraai-Stellenbosch - 80ish

7. Betties Bay and back via Gordon's Bay- 160ish

I will PM you my Strava details and you can have a look.

Hi Dale, thank you very much.

I received your PM and I look forward to trying out several of your routes. I know I'm going to love cycling and racing in the Cape.

Much appreciated.

Hi Dale, thank you very much.

I received your PM and I look forward to trying out several of your routes. I know I'm going to love cycling and racing in the Cape.

Much appreciated.

:)

Sweet!

Below is Helzhoogte Pass, perfect lung-buster on the fringe of Stellenbosch.

Nino Schurter has the KOM at about 10 mins.

30 kms from Durbanville, roughly.

A beaut' with cool coffee stops stops at the bottom in Stellenbosch.

post-12015-0-80159400-1409505435_thumb.jpg

Hey Hey Everyone!!!

Ok, winter mtb rides is over, so I want to find out if some off you guys are riding in the afternoon after work. I need to get back in shape on the road bike for road racing season, and it's more fun riding with someone to keep the speed up and going and for safety "with all this bike jacking going on".

Let me know if there is any rides happening in the afternoon. i will coming out of Bellville side so i can join up from 4:45-5:00Pm. avg between 28-34km/h

Most of the rides now is for teams training for the DC. Unlikely that they will allow non team riders to join in their training rides.

Myself is still in Mtb mode, so I'll be doing a long Mtb ride this Saturday.

Archived