Durbanville Area Roadies

dommisse

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this week i must use more expensive foil... :whistling:. I am going to try hand warmers from cape union mart. Apparently you can stick them in your shoes too. http://www.capeunion...and-warmer-pair

Heehee

Yeah, I use fleece socks over my normal ones

And also fleeced booties

Brrrr

I normally use 2 pairs of socks too one thin and then a normal pair. Then a plastic packet the middle to cover the front part of your foot. Works well for me.

For my hands I use latex underneath my cycling gloves... this can get too hot for longer rides but keeps them warm for the start :)

I only do this when the temp is below 10... Over 10 seems warm enough for summer gear :whistling:

Just outside Stellenbosch at 10h30 this AM

Powder on them hills

The beautiful Cape

post-12015-0-34629900-1404732152_thumb.jpg

Myself and @ReeceRower went up Du Toits and over to Worcester yesterday morning and the snow is really low down on the slopes and can definitely be felt in the air!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow

TdF 1924

Meals were supplied at ordinary cafés

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/43/c8/2a/43c82a3dc6d8747cde70f4e76d8039fc.jpg

These riders were monsters of note

These riders were monsters of note

Amazing

And the stages were far longer and the roads often just gravel

:thumbup:

We are riding to Franschoek via Stellenbosch this weekend. Start time is 7:15 from Soneike mall/Bottelary traffic light. Pickup point at Stellenbosch. Let me know if you are going to join. We are also needing a DC rider or two for our team and looking for people that can join weekend rides.

Tried this last week. Didnt help much and when I took of my shoes the foil was broken into many pieces.

Maybe try heavy duty foil ;)

We are riding to Franschoek via Stellenbosch this weekend. Start time is 7:15 from Soneike mall/Bottelary traffic light. Pickup point at Stellenbosch. Let me know if you are going to join. We are also needing a DC rider or two for our team and looking for people that can join weekend rides.

Doing this one again on Saturday. Any takers?