Yip...I might've...

You've moved to the City bowl?

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys , mind if I tag along for a short while and peel off after 25/30km. Doing the two oceans next day, so looking at doing around 50km. Disylizzy, you welcome to join me if that mileage is ok.

I will attempt the Grand Fondo the following week.

Hey hey

I'm moving to Cape Town and staying in big bay for now......any club/ group rides out there or how close am I to Durbanville?

Guest Karma

Hey hey

I'm moving to Cape Town and staying in big bay for now......any club/ group rides out there or how close am I to Durbanville?

I'll be joining Durbanville from 1 May. See you there :thumbup:

Hey hey

Look out on the webs for city cycling or outriders

Two popular and established clubs in that area

Edited by ' Dale

Hi guys , mind if I tag along for a short while and peel off after 25/30km. Doing the two oceans next day, so looking at doing around 50km. Disylizzy, you welcome to join me if that mileage is ok.

You're welcome.

Hey hey

A little over 20kms the distance between the 2. An interesting ride out towards Durbanville from Big Bay and something which many of the West Coast crew do to get in some quicker hill training, rather than riding the cycle lane to town and doing the Atlantic Seaboard run towards Chappies and back. From your pic it seems you are an avid Mountainbiker, and Durbanville is really close to the same area where the Epic prologue was held...

Outriders are the established club in the area with many club rides and a strong presence at the majority of races.

Welcome to the Cape!!!! Cycling Nirvana!

Thanks G Man, I may peel off a bit earlier, depending on how my shoulder holds up.

A little over 20kms the distance between the 2. An interesting ride out towards Durbanville from Big Bay and something which many of the West Coast crew do to get in some quicker hill training, rather than riding the cycle lane to town and doing the Atlantic Seaboard run towards Chappies and back. From your pic it seems you are an avid Mountainbiker, and Durbanville is really close to the same area where the Epic prologue was held...

Outriders are the established club in the area with many club rides and a strong presence at the majority of races.

Welcome to the Cape!!!! Cycling Nirvana!

Thanks TH

Will be in CT on 1st May. Yes I am 99% mtbiker but do a little road for training. Think I'll enjoy road more down there tho. Road riding in jhb is crap! But ya I do prefer the dirt ;)

Thanks TH

Will be in CT on 1st May. Yes I am 99% mtbiker but do a little road for training. Think I'll enjoy road more down there tho. Road riding in jhb is crap! But ya I do prefer the dirt ;)

Good luck with the move! Plenty of cycling options down here, road or offroad! Blouberg has the cycle lane which is awesome for training if you're doing interval sprint training between Dolphin Beach hotel and Sunset Beach! (You will figure out where these are really quickly if you don't know them yet) Just watch out for the concrete lane dividers! If you cycle all the way into town I would rather go through the harbour than use the last piece of the lane if I cycle on my own. Like everything there are some hotspots and the lane does get quite isolated as you go into Paarden Eiland under the N1 and into town. I lived out that side for 10 years and loved being able to cycle alongside the ocean. The smell alone will take you on holiday!

As a MTB'er here's a link to wet your appetite: (not sure how up to date these are, but they are a starting point!)

http://www.irideafri...m/trail-maps-3/

Edited by Tubehunter

Quick question, what is the route? I'm wondering if I can accompany you guys for a VERY short distance please?

St John's Rd > Tiekiedraai > Edgemead > Montague gardens .....

You're most welcome.

Had to yank out the long sleeve jersey this AM for me ride...

The chilly breeze was, uhm, chilly

post-12015-0-35553000-1397588199_thumb.jpg