Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

how about twisting admins arm and creating a "classic/retro" section instead of just this thread?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my way back home from visiting a client, I stopped off at my favorite bike shop. He carries a lot of 2nd hand bikes of yesterday. In the back I found these two.

The first...

09052011087.jpg

A Raleigh Pioneer Classic 5-Speed that's in far better condition than it looks. It's got all original stickers as well as the Raleigh badge still.

09052011090.jpg

The second...

09052011093.jpg

A Peugeot Record Du Monde that needs a bit more work than the other one. But still in good nick for the most part.

09052011092.jpg

The best part... R200 for both :clap:

My nights are now sorted for a while.

Thanks monkeyboy-CT for bringing that idea out and making it happen. That was a really great way to spend a Saturday morning. :thumbup:

will be picking this up in london later on today, still not 100% sure what I want to do with it but just caught my eye

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5064/5703674215_20341293be_z.jpg

I suppose mine deserves a place here :clap:

post-6166-0-11403800-1305011997.jpg

very nice, i like the shimano AX rear rear derailleur

Does anybody here maybe know anything about a bicycle frame brand called Lucchini? I found a steel Lucchini frame, but cannot find any info on the maker.

I'm looking for old school water bottle cages, can anyone point me in the right direction?

i have tons of old waterbottle cages, any in particalar

Well its for an old colnago (90's) with Campag, so something that would go with that mix, either white or silver cages I guess. can you maybe send me some pics of what you have?

Thanks.

I am looking for a Bridgestone RB1 (56cm) - does anybody have any ideas where one could be located?

have checked ebay - none at the moment

I should post a pic of my old roadie on here. It is a Sancini mint metallic blue colour. I cant find any info of it anywhere, and I am actually looking for stickers as I would like to respray her. Anyone have any ideas on the stickers especially the columbus ones

I should post a pic of my old roadie on here. It is a Sancini mint metallic blue colour. I cant find any info of it anywhere, and I am actually looking for stickers as I would like to respray her. Anyone have any ideas on the stickers especially the columbus ones

You'll find the Columbus ones on eBay but they're not cheap/

Can't Tyreone/Tyrone run you up some? He seems to be the main vinyls guy here on the Hub.

Edited by LeTurbo