Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

If we set a date, off the bat, we've already got at least 5-6 Hubbers who will join down in CPT. We should arrange a Sunday morning soon and see what the turnout is like. It will only grow from there, maybe even create a Whatsapp group?

Maybe a long shot, but how does 13th Sept (a Sunday) sound, weather dependant, of course? A cruise along the coast?

Sounds good, I also sent a message to Glen. We can get a nice group together.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I am also interested in the ride. Can you guys keep me posted. I am in Somerset West.

Edited by tmt

If we set a date, off the bat, we've already got at least 5-6 Hubbers who will join down in CPT. We should arrange a Sunday morning soon and see what the turnout is like. It will only grow from there, maybe even create a Whatsapp group?

Maybe a long shot, but how does 13th Sept (a Sunday) sound, weather dependant, of course? A cruise along the coast?

Do it!

Do it!

QLFFIE1 do it for PE.

lets get this fly off the wall and flying.

Hey guys, I am keen for a retro ride, but 13 September not doable for me as that's the weekend of Ride to Nowhere and I will be in Montague then.

Keep us informed though as I will be there like a bear on any other day.

Don't remember who I spoke to after the Cradle ride yesterday but we spoke about doing a photo shoot at the track one day. I'm really keen to shoot it, let's make it happen

That's great news would love to meet the hubbers down in ct. Let's see what date will accommodate everyone. Super stoked!!!

In other news I have recently aquired a sweet set of wheels and needed some advise.its a set of Gipiemme tecno 416 and it has a Shimano freebody on it. I wanted to know if the Campi freebody on a set of Campagnolo eurus wheels would work on them. I have supplied pics below.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Don't remember who I spoke to after the Cradle ride yesterday but we spoke about doing a photo shoot at the track one day. I'm really keen to shoot it, let's make it happen

Twas me! I will be in contact shortly.

I think its appropriate to advertise this bike here first.

Approximately 1988’ish Daccordi 58cm. Except for the seat post this is full Dura Ace group set including Dura ace headset and hubs. Campag rims,Mavic bar and stem.

Frame has surface rust on the chrome sections.

Dura Ace from that era is not easy to find and to find it in this condition… particularly rare.

The real appeal of this bike is the groupset so if interested don’t let the frame size or condition be the deciding factor. You can always restore and/or sell the frame. Other frames from the same era are out there…dura ace like this….hens teeth (imo).

I’m thinking 11k for this beauty J

I also have a beautiful Miyata frame, same size that will look spectacular with this groupset, but we’ll have to negotiate price. 

post-5057-0-05632000-1441092459_thumb.jpg

post-5057-0-30474400-1441092479_thumb.jpg

post-5057-0-01255900-1441092494_thumb.jpg

I think its appropriate to advertise this bike here first.

Approximately 1988’ish Daccordi 58cm. Except for the seat post this is full Dura Ace group set including Dura ace headset and hubs. Campag rims,Mavic bar and stem.

Frame has surface rust on the chrome sections.

Dura Ace from that era is not easy to find and to find it in this condition… particularly rare.

The real appeal of this bike is the groupset so if interested don’t let the frame size or condition be the deciding factor. You can always restore and/or sell the frame. Other frames from the same era are out there…dura ace like this….hens teeth (imo).

I’m thinking 11k for this beauty J

I also have a beautiful Miyata frame, same size that will look spectacular with this groupset, but we’ll have to negotiate price. 

That is Very nice...

Just finished building my Daccordi. A few things still need seeing to, mainly, the steering adapter of the Alter, seems to be 'bottoming out' before it pulls the wedge high enough. Otherwise, here she is!

Stunning :drool: