Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

The Super looks great, love the colour scheme.

Visited a couple of LBS looking for brake lever hoods for the Shimano 600 rebuild I am completing. Nothing, one chap did not even know what I was talking about.

Looks like I need to put together an import package again.

Took delivery of a friends Colnago Crystal which I will service and then sell on his behalf. Will post some photos tomorrow. Bike has not been ridden for awhile so it is dusty. Very good condition with hardly any scratches to the paint work.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is interested, I'll be clearing out a few projects I just haven't the time to complete. I'll be sure to post any classifieds here.

I'll be getting rid of a full C-Record group as well as some older Nuovo/Super Record bits.

Will sort it out over the weekend and take pics and so on and get things rolling early next week.

I am in process of restoring a Atala frame. Need help in finding the white brake hoods. Any suggestions?

post-5139-0-05975900-1382076843_thumb.jpg

Try Ebay, they have a lot of NOS hoods and parts.

Shop around as some guys prices are a bit off.

Nice bike by the way...

Nearly complete, I collect the correct front wheel today, had it respoked.

100% original as I received it in 1990 for my 16th Birthday.

Very special project that one. You are fortunate to still have it. I say: Ride it like a 16 year old! :thumbup:

I am in process of restoring a Atala frame. Need help in finding the white brake hoods. Any suggestions?

If you are unable to find the correct hood covers, there is a vinyl spray that is used by car restorers to refurbish things like dashboards. Talk to the hardware shop or car interior trimmers, they may be able to help.

Very special project that one. You are fortunate to still have it. I say: Ride it like a 16 year old! :thumbup:

Yes my father had the frame in the garage all these years.

I got the same 105 "Blue" groupset off a donor bike.

Was very tempted to ride Amashova on it last weekend, as it was the bike I rode my 1st Shova on and this years Shova was my 22nd. But didn't have enough time on the bike to make sure set-up was ok.

Wish this body could ride like that again...LOL

I am not sure if they still have but Totalcycling in the U.K. did have .

The hoods are just dirty. at least first try to clean them. Douse the hoods with MrMin let it soak for 5 min then wipe of the grime.

If anyone is interested, I'll be clearing out a few projects I just haven't the time to complete. I'll be sure to post any classifieds here.

I'll be getting rid of a full C-Record group as well as some older Nuovo/Super Record bits.

Will sort it out over the weekend and take pics and so on and get things rolling early next week.

Definitely interested, please keep us posted on what you have and want to rid yourself of!

Nearly complete, I collect the correct front wheel today, had it respoked.

100% original as I received it in 1990 for my 16th Birthday.

Excellent job, she's looking lovely. I wish I still had my first Hansom, but I traded her in for a Tommasini, which I still have.

I'm sure she'll ride like the wind, as will you with memories.

The Super looks great, love the colour scheme.

Visited a couple of LBS looking for brake lever hoods for the Shimano 600 rebuild I am completing. Nothing, one chap did not even know what I was talking about.

Looks like I need to put together an import package again.

Took delivery of a friends Colnago Crystal which I will service and then sell on his behalf. Will post some photos tomorrow. Bike has not been ridden for awhile so it is dusty. Very good condition with hardly any scratches to the paint work.

Did you get my email about the Nago Crystal?

Maybe ask some of the guys here.

I like the Atala. She looks in good nik. I have one, but she's been welded, badly, at the head tube, so I think I'll donate her to my gardener.

Good luck with the project.

Found this while trawling the www.

Looks like an early to mid 80s bottom range Bianchi, Campy Victory or Triomph.

I'll contact the owner and see how much he/she wants. I'm not interested, I have 2 already.

Anyone interested?

Edit: No how did it get 2 of these posts????

post-25781-0-36229700-1382243949_thumb.jpg

Edited by heyyou

Found this while trawling the www.

Looks like an early to mid 80s bottom range Bianchi, Campy Victory or Triomph.

I'll contact the owner and see how much he/she wants. I'm not interested, I have 2 already.

Anyone interested?