Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Hi does anyone know anything about Kriel and Binneman bikes from the 80's apparently they were custom made to the riders dimensions?  the one we have is badged K&B Turbo!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Velo, you promised some more pics of your Master. I think that's exactly what's needed to breathe some life into this thread smiley4.gif

What pawn shops are ypu guys talking about, haven't seen a decent one in a while. Which areas would still have the old school shops?

Linden cycles usually has a small selection of old school bikes outside their shop. The prices of their second hand stock are usually very reasonable, which helps keep the stock ticking over and different bikes appearing. If you're after a farm gate, they have an old, huge Colnago with full Campy that they've been struggling to sell. I forget the price offhand. I scored a bargain there on a bike for my brother and IanJ also got his MTB there for next to nothing.

I think you might find pawn shops in troyeville and rosetenville. I've also heard of the odd bargain cropping up at cash converters. I doubt most cash converters would recognise the significance of a pair of Delta brakes.

What pawn shops are ypu guys talking about' date=' haven't seen a decent one in a while. Which areas would still have the old school shops?[/quote']

You have to go dumpster diving all over the place and hope you get lucky.

Thanks for the info, didn't think I will have the unfortunate oppertunity of visiting a cash convertors. But if the situation requires it I will go and do it

What a great bike' date=' have you always had the bike or did you buy it recently[/quote']

Thanks. Bike was a Junkmail find. Was in crap condition so I had it resprayed by Tokenfreak and bought the stickers from a guy in Australia. The chrome is not in the best shape but i just try and polish it every now and then.

Most of the parts on it I got off eBay.

If you can't afford Delta's, these will have to do:

20090818_135236_IMG_1354.jpg

Cinelli Giro bars, most comfy ever made in my opinion:

20090818_135554_IMG_1359.jpg

This bike looks great Velo.  Beautifully finished  with the white leather bartape. Cant quite see the bar. A REALLY nice saddle and campy aero seat post. Beautiful. 

Is she a  56cm?

Velo' date=' you promised some more pics of your Master. I think that's exactly what's needed to breathe some life into this thread [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley4.gif[/img]

Heres one for now. Wife wants to use the PC so will post more later:

20090818_125852_IMG_1350.jpg

This bike is so cool Velo' date=' it deserves a second look [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley36.gif[/img]

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

What a great bike' date=' have you always had the bike or did you buy it recently[/quote']Thanks. Bike was a Junkmail find. Was in crap condition so I had it resprayed by Tokenfreak and bought the stickers from a guy in Australia. The chrome is not in the best shape but i just try and polish it every now and then.Most of the parts on it I got off eBay.

Looks really nice Velo! Speaking of chrome, has anyone here successfully re-chromed old chrome or chromed lugs of steel bikes that weren't already chromed?

What a great bike' date=' have you always had the bike or did you buy it recently[/quote']Thanks. Bike was a Junkmail find. Was in crap condition so I had it resprayed by Tokenfreak and bought the stickers from a guy in Australia. The chrome is not in the best shape but i just try and polish it every now and then.Most of the parts on it I got off eBay.

Looks really nice Velo! Speaking of chrome' date=' has anyone here successfully re-chromed old chrome or chromed lugs of steel bikes that weren't already chromed?

[/quote'] Getting some stuff done in the next week!! Fork & headtube lugs and chainstays. Will let you know how it goes.