Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a pair of 8spd Campy down tube shifters. Think I'd be able to find these locally?

Verry nice Bike' date=' what would you sell that for, if you would?[/quote'] What would be practicle would be largely unattainable and therefore not for sale!? I guess it is like old cars! There's no book value so it is basically what you are prepared to pay for it. I know the history of the Moser so I was prepared to hoes a bit to get it.

Fransico Moser held the hour record for 9 years and in 1993 the nobody Graham Obree aka THE FLYING SCOTSMAN, on a "washing mashine" self made bike broke the record. A week later Boardman broke the record again. However Obree did manage to break the record again at a later stage

20090812_070423_Argus_90.jpg

It isn't very clear on the pic' date=' but it's a Daccordi!

[/quote']

I dig the Factory Pilots boet....

Pretty much the flavour of the month back then hey

Needed a pair of those for this year's race!!

Fransico Moser held the hour record for 9 years and in 1993 the nobody Graham Obree aka THE FLYING SCOTSMAN' date=' on a "washing mashine" self made bike broke the record. A week later Boardman broke the record again. However Obree did manage to break the record again at a later stage[/quote'] read an article in the latest Cycling Plus that Obree is aiming at a go for the record again! Later this year I believe!!

I like the calipers to match the Master

20090814_044530_photo6.jpg
my project is what you see in this pic!! Excepting that it is on a late 70's/ very early 80's Mexico!! Those panto'd Deltas are stunning!!

How is it that Colnago has so much influence that they can have groupsets stamped with their labels?

Rabobank's Shimano parts were all stamped with the clover

I can't recall ever seing any other bike brand with their labling stamped on groupo's

How is it that Colnago has so much influence that they can have groupsets stamped with their labels?

Rabobank's Shimano parts were all stamped with the clover

I can't recall ever seing any other bike brand with their labling stamped on groupo's
I've seen some done with Tommasini and also GIOS!!! See a trend here? Clue: Not made in Taiwan!!smiley2.gif

Got these today for my Colnago Master:

20090814_054129_Shamal1.jpg20090814_054209_Shamal2.jpg

Now I'm on the lookout for some 8spd shifters.

Yebo yes, BB. Means I've had to make some slight changes to my plans. I've either got to convert the ratchet in my 10spd shifters to 8spd or find another pair of shifters.

Anyone keen to swap me good condition 8 spd Ergos for a pair of good condition Centaur 10spd Ergos?

Why not get yourself a set of 8 speed downtube shifters. I bought a set recently from the UK. The guy still has some in stock.

I've got 8 speed Mirage shifters, but they not worthy of a swap with the 10sp Centaurs.