Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this info. Do you know if it will fit a Suntour crank as well

If it's a square taper, yes, it'll fit.

But you need to check if your BB is a 36x24 (English) or 37x24 (Italian) cup fitting. 

There are lots of English square taper BBs available, but you pay for what you get in terms of quality.

LC, I know Olffie1 is also looking for an Italian BB.

But I think he's looking for the sealed bearing type. If you find more than 1, will you let him know?

Hi Guys and Girls!

I am desperately trying to finish off a rebuild of the Benesto but seriously need to find an Italian thread square tapered BB (109-110mm). Please contact me if you have one or know someone who may have a spare. 

Build so far, C Record group set, with Record headset and Cinelli bar and stem. (NOS Eddy Merckx tape). The seat post is still being polished when a Rolls saddle will complete the look. Vento wheels with NOS Michelin Hi Comp 18c tyres. Also have NOS Time racing pedals to grace the C Record cranks.

Any help would be appreciated ................

attachicon.gifBanesto.jpg

Try EvanB. I was looking for an Italian thread a while back and he seemed to have a few Campagnolo square taper

Thanks for this info. Do you know if it will fit a Suntour crank as well

No, you need a JIS taper for that. Campagnolo cranks are ISO taper. The only cranks that are ISO taper are Campagnolo, Miche and the Sugino 75 track crank.

For Suntour any Shimano square taper, or for that matter just about any no name brand square taper will work. Just try find out what spindle length you need for the crank.

Edited by javadude

I'm struggling to upload pictures of the Peugeot bicycle I'm building for my dayly compute. That said, does anyone in the Cape have a shimano  compatable crankset for sale? That and/or aero type brake levers?

I'm struggling to upload pictures of the Peugeot bicycle I'm building for my dayly compute. That said, does anyone in the Cape have a shimano compatable crankset for sale? That and/or aero type brake levers?

Not sure what you mean by shimano compatible crankset.

I may have some aero-levers available, will have to check the spares box

Flowta. I would appreciate it.

What I mean with the shimano compatable is simply that I have shimano parts (chain, deraileirs ect.), so would prefer having a shimano crank set in front too. Failing that something that would work well with the shimano chain (and other parts.). Im not too clued up on inter-brand compatability when it comes to cranks and chain rings)

No, you need a JIS taper for that. Campagnolo cranks are ISO taper. The only cranks that are ISO taper are Campagnolo, Miche and the Sugino 75 track crank.

For Suntour any Shimano square taper, or for that matter just about any no name brand square taper will work. Just try find out what spindle length you need for the crank.

Yes, JD, I agree with you, but it's not quite as critical as you make it sound!

The Campag square taper is very slightly smaller and this is more pronounced on the older BBs. But I have a number of cross pairings that work well, finding a Superbe BB has been problematic!!!

In this case, there is almost no play when a Suntour crank is fitted to the Veloce BB.

Yes, JD, I agree with you, but it's not quite as critical as you make it sound!

The Campag square taper is very slightly smaller and this is more pronounced on the older BBs. But I have a number of cross pairings that work well, finding a Superbe BB has been problematic!!!

In this case, there is almost no play when a Suntour crank is fitted to the Veloce BB.

If you say so, experience always trumps theory.

Hey Guys, I need some help!

I am doing up this Alan Carbonio and trying to keep the colour scheme to black, white, silver/alu but picking up a bit of red.

The red cable housing and the Carbona seat post seem to work. Also going to use some NOS Chorus levers out the box with the Deltas. 

The Ambriosio Excellence wheels were recently built on an old Record front hub and newer Chorus rear. NOS Michellin 18c Hi-Lite Supercomp HD's - those were the days!

The old Fizik black and white saddle will do at the moment.

I need help as follows:

1. What colour bar tape? Do I go white to match the hoods or red to match the cables?

2. The ITM Millennium stem and 3t Mutant bars are a mismatch and I would ideally like to get a Mutant stem. Anyone have one lying about? I can swap for a ITM BicOne stem in need.

3. The purists are going to punish me but can I please, please keep the Super Record crank? it's got some red and matches nicely with the frame!

4. Looking for some old Look Keo carbon pedals. Anyone have some? Unfortunately very broke at the moment and would like to keep all my non toeclip/strap pedals the same.

5. Also looking for some C Record Syncro levers as I am using some 70's levers to get the 10spd cassette moving (which it does beautifully)! I have a old Super Record (black lettering) or Nuovo Record derailier to swap?

post-44986-0-72611400-1412950173_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-83920000-1412950202_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-25601900-1412950218_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-12408000-1412950238_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-97774200-1412950463_thumb.jpg