Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gtracing thats cruel. Delgado's probably clentching his ?

Remember delgado ...you made yourself a promise.

But OMG that pinarello is HHHHHHOT!

What size are these frame sets?

Found these yesterday. Going to go on Colnago project number two. Anyone have a spare set of 7400 DA Dust Caps lying about?

20090829_100947_IMG_1395.jpg

gtracing thats cruel. Delgado's probably clentching his ?

Remember delgado ...you made yourself a promise.

But OMG that pinarello is HHHHHHOT!

What size are these frame sets?
If it wasn't that big I could have had a relapse!! Thank the heavens.

We did however pick up another Battaglin stray this morning but it is E1A1's for parts!! Frame also a 60cm CTC (too big againsmiley4.gif) so it may appear here soon for sale. Very unusual yellow colour scheme with no chroming bar the driveside chainstay.

Gotta love that 'picked up another stray' Dellboy ...... smiley36.gif doubt my wife will 'fall' for that line!
Well I needed to help E1 strip the bike for cleaning etc and you should have seen the wifes face when we wheeled it into the house!!smiley5.gifsmiley5.gifsmiley12.gifsmiley18.gif!!

Gotta love that 'picked up another stray' Dellboy ...... smiley36.gif doubt my wife will 'fall' for that line!
Well I needed to help E1 strip the bike for cleaning etc and you should have seen the wifes face when we wheeled it into the house!!smiley5.gifsmiley5.gifsmiley12.gifsmiley18.gif!!

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif brave okes the 2 of you! If I don't ride that fixie at least once a week I may be under pressure to get rid of it smiley18.gif but it is good fun!

Just finished the Battaglin and the only modern goods on it are Conti Gatorskins and Fizik bar tape!!
....after the maiden ride this has now been altered to 3 modern goods. The Rolls saddle will be used for ceremonial duties only!! Hell it gave me a pain in the ar$e!!!

Its not so much the good samaritan/ st Francis / mother Theresa semi pathetic self justification that bothers me.smiley2.gif Its quite admirable, really.

What really bovvers me is the fact that there are just so many strays where he lives!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like a great neighbourhood

tarboy2009-08-31 13:04:02

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of one of the most beautiful things you may ever see and never see again.

pLEASE father chrismas I've been a very good boy.

If I didnt still have a bond I wouldn't think twice about buying this. What an investment.

20090901_113014_MyMerckx1.JPG

I know I posted a few pics of this a few weeks back...but I thought you guys would enjoy it?!

Been riding it, and to be honest I love it. Yes, the gaps between the gearing takes some getting used to, as does the down tube shifting...but its SO cool!

C'mon Delgado...we gotta hook up and ride our old school bikes soon dude!!

Hey GO2 thats a very nice EM and the perfect pic so perfectly posed pedals off an all.

sweeet

where did you post the other pics? are they close ups?
tarboy2009-09-01 11:40:27

20090901_113014_MyMerckx1.JPG

I know I posted a few pics of this a few weeks back...but I thought you guys would enjoy it?!

Been riding it' date=' and to be honest I love it. Yes, the gaps between the gearing takes some getting used to, as does the down tube shifting...but its SO cool!

C'mon Delgado...we gotta hook up and ride our old school bikes soon dude!!
[/quote'] Very nice G!!! Let make a plan for this weekend maybe? What gearing type you running here? Freewheel? 6/7 speed?

Where can I find an old school Campag "aero" 27.2x 200 seatpost at a reasonable price (or maybe one of one guys got one lying around not being used). ebay is m@#r expensive

20090902_042156_3334720858_dd8f.jpg