Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Greetings cyclists,

I have an Alpina, from the 80's, mostly original, with Mavic ally rims, EX 300 jockey and "exage" components. It's my training/racing bike, I've had it for 20 years now, it's a real beauty, and easy to ride. But the trouble with regularly using a classic bike is replacing the wear parts - the guy at my bike shop laughed when I showed him the old chainrings. I need a 5 point chain ring set, and a set of down-tube shifters.. where do other classic bikers get their wear parts? Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings cyclists,

I have an Alpina, from the 80's, mostly original, with Mavic ally rims, EX 300 jockey and "exage" components. It's my training/racing bike, I've had it for 20 years now, it's a real beauty, and easy to ride. But the trouble with regularly using a classic bike is replacing the wear parts - the guy at my bike shop laughed when I showed him the old chainrings. I need a 5 point chain ring set, and a set of down-tube shifters.. where do other classic bikers get their wear parts? Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry, looked at this post on my phone and seemed to have replied but can't delete. WTF?

Edited by Barry_W

Ok so this is the final one for the year below a Pinarello treviso montello? Running on Campagnolo ventos and some c record goodies if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for everyone who helped me out this year with all the builds. Have an awesome festive season. Can't wait to start fresh again in the new year.

post-66957-0-20697100-1450220591_thumb.jpeg

post-66957-0-30519000-1450220728_thumb.jpeg

post-66957-0-65764000-1450220745_thumb.jpeg

post-66957-0-16971100-1450220758_thumb.jpeg

post-66957-0-20089500-1450220770_thumb.jpeg

Greetings cyclists,

Hi Mugabe!

We swap, trade and give away parts between us.

May I suggest you post a few pics of your bike and let us see what parts you need. I have some downtime shifters for sale (or swap) but need to see what series Shimano you need. May even have some spare chainrings.

Ok so this is the final one for the year below a Pinarello treviso montello? Running on Campagnolo ventos and some c record goodies if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for everyone who helped me out this year with all the builds. Have an awesome festive season. Can't wait to start fresh again in the new year.

Looks great. Kamaalo!

Can't wait to start my Montello restoration and now I have some inspiration.

So, yesterday I get a sms from PostNet. Not expecting anything I pop over to see what is waiting for me (fearing NATIS is using PostNet to deliver my speeding fines).

Lovely red box which when opened revealed this lovely present from Santa.

Thank you very much Santa! I am so overwhelmed.

The gift is so lovely so I immediately scratch around in my spares to find a partner. Thus far the closest is a lovely Gipiemme hub from similar era. Also found some NOS MA3's which I will go purchase tomorrow.

post-44986-0-17082400-1450262135_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-74865100-1450262136_thumb.jpg

So, yesterday I get a sms from PostNet. Not expecting anything I pop over to see what is waiting for me (fearing NATIS is using PostNet to deliver my speeding fines).

Lovely red box which when opened revealed this lovely present from Santa.

Thank you very much Santa! I am so overwhelmed...................

Can you please introduce me to your Santa? :)

Any info on this Bianchi? Year etc.? I know the image is bloody awful but its all I have for now. What would a good price be for it?

Does anyone have any Campy Delta brake calipers? (Within a reasonable price range...and yes, I know they are worth a Bazillion Rand)

I have a box of old brake levers (Dia-Compe) a Zues rear hub, and a few other odds and ends if anyone needs.

I'm interested in your bits and pieces. I'll send you a PM

It is a Bianchi Mondiale. I have a similar model. Could be end 80's beginning 90's.

Can I ask how you are so sure given such a small pic?

I'm certainly not arguing, just interested in what you're looking at!

I have 3 Bianchis and I'm finding them very hard to ID beyond a general year.

Looks great. Kamaalo!

Can't wait to start my Montello restoration and now I have some inspiration.

I'm itching to work on my Montello now too!  :thumbdown:

Any info on this Bianchi? Year etc.? I know the image is bloody awful but its all I have for now. What would a good price be for it?

Are you buying or selling it?

Seeing that Santa is on his rounds. I am looking for "hens teeth"

Dura Ace 7400 series parts -

Crank

FD clamp (for Hansom frame)

FD direct mount

Brake levers

If you have, please PM me with your price.

I am in Cpt.

Thanks

Ash