Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Picked up another wall-hanging today ... 

the double-braking on the rear wheel is interesting ... should probably consider that on my racing tandem.

post-2050-0-52751600-1464880913_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice bike GT

But I don't think you should repaint her. See if you can get a local paint shop, panel beater, to match the paint and patch her up.

Always much nicer to have the original patina, just makes her look so cool.

What do the other retro dudes think???????

I agree, good wash and a cobra polish.

Anyone know who built the Cosmos Frames in SA?

I stand to be corrected, but I think they came out of the same factory as Alpina, in the backend if Booysens.

I stand to be corrected, but I think they came out of the same factory as Alpina, in the backend if Booysens.

We were comparing it to a petini the other night and the similarities are huge, very thing seat stays and otherwise no markings... 

I agree, good wash and a cobra polish.

Is the rust on the tubing not going to cause problems down the line?

We were comparing it to a petini the other night and the similarities are huge, very thing seat stays and otherwise no markings...

Petini was Linden Cycles' brand, the name came from the owner's names, Pete and Jonene. Frames were built by Duncan McIntyre. The artwork for the branding was done by the previous owner of your Ragley [emoji6]

Petini was Linden Cycles' brand, the name came from the owner's names, Pete and Jonene. Frames were built by Duncan McIntyre. The artwork for the branding was done by the previous owner of your Ragley [emoji6]

I know those facts :-) I owned one ha ha! The handful of SA builders all built the bikes we love so they all look the very similar.

Another wasted weekend!

I bought this Dacc about 1986/7 (memory is a bit sketchy). It's more or less as I bought it, with a couple of changes:

Bought it with Shimano 600 brake levers, no one liked the Campy levers, which I've now put on.

It came with Shimano 600 headset and BB too, both of which are now Athena.

I can't remember the seat post, I think it was Kalloy, but it's now Athena.

I lived within spitting distance of the sea for a decade or so ago and this lady and her bits took a beating. 

I stripped her about 3 years ago. A friend restored the paintwork, keeping the decals as pristine as possible. I took all the bits apart, cleaned, polished and lubricated.

She's back to almost new  :drool:

Another wasted weekend!

I bought this Dacc about 1986/7 (memory is a bit sketchy). It's more or less as I bought it, with a couple of changes:

Bought it with Shimano 600 brake levers, no one liked the Campy levers, which I've now put on.

It came with Shimano 600 headset and BB too, both of which are now Athena.

I can't remember the seat post, I think it was Kalloy, but it's now Athena.

I lived within spitting distance of the sea for a decade or so ago and this lady and her bits took a beating. 

I stripped her about 3 years ago. A friend restored the paintwork, keeping the decals as pristine as possible. I took all the bits apart, cleaned, polished and lubricated.

She's back to almost new  :drool:

post-25781-0-00164000-1465220286_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeyYou

GTJ, what brake levers do you want the hoods for?

They're all, or mostly, different, so it will depend on what levers.

You will be very, very lucky to find anything locally, unless one of the retro guys has spares. Often we have to buy off Amazon, or eBay and wait for the post to arrive!!!

But let us know for which levers.

Shoes? you'll have to ask around for. Again, you can buy overseas, but postage is the problem, just get them to describe them as 2nd hand bicycle spares.

Awesome! Thanks HY

I'll post a pic of the levers later. The hoods looked very much like the ones in that link (as far as I could tell anyway - they were so badly perished)