Which frame

amoryns

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pantani... I am a dudette

thanks slowpoke. have just spoken to dealer about the specialized. Can get the frame for R12k but the smallest size is a 50.....way too big for me. I think I am going to settle for the giant. I must say...full carbon...very light...just hope the wind wont blow me off the bike

Perhaps you want to read some of these reviews, TCR 1 and TCRAdvanced LE, though the latter is simply too expensive, but worth reading since it should give you some insight into what a good buy a carbon Giant is!!! 

If you wait a month or two, you can be one of the first to ride a GT carbon...

just let us know how she rides!

I've seen one of those new GT carbons smileys/smiley20.gif very neat !!!

Looks a bit like the Ridleys!

Well amoryns, if you're a dudette, then even more reason why you should be riding a Giant, you won't find better compact geometry suited to women!

if the GT uses the same sizing for their carbon bikes as they do their standard bikes then it'll also be too big - GTs are min 49 if i recall correctly. last year i did LOTS of research to see what I could get in the max R10k price range (ended up looking at bikes up to R15k) to fit - ie max 47cm - and other than Giant and Raleigh no-one catered for shorties.

At least giant can sort out the shorties, I nearly gave up cycling from riding a giant, but then again I am 196cm. I need a lot of stability in a frame.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

196cm - crikey I think you missed your calling Orca - basketball, a rugby lock, a guy who can clean gutters with out a ladder...

Hope you weren't trying to ride a compact Giant?

ek het 'n 48 gekoop en toe terug gegaan na 'n 46......

ek sal dalk 'n proper setup moet kry voor ek die raam koop

amoryns, my babes is an XS TCR - you saw the size - with a shorter-than-normal stem. you must also just bear in mind that you can feel a difference between a raleigh and a giant in handling (i test rode both rc6000 and rc9000 during my bike-hunt last year)

Orca: I share your pain. I bought a 21" Blur at a bargain because the seller couldn't find anyone else tall enough to buy it (Santa Cruz's website says for a 21" Blur you need to be 1.84m tall or more!)

amoryns: Maybe phone Donald from Produx and find out about a custom carbon fibre frame. At R7500 it's good value for money, and I can't think of anything better than a custom frame in colours of your choice smileys/smiley2.gif

what sort of warranty does Donald have on the frames?

ja Slowpoke...ry mos nou die RC8000.....kon die verskil voel toe ek die 2005 Giant getest drive het by westdene