Garmin Edge 305

Help.Me.

Hi all

When connecting my Garmin to my PC it automaticly opens the Garmen Training Centre, when i want to send the data from the GPS to the PC it tells me  "there was a problem while communicating with your device.Please make sure it is connected to the computer,then try again".The computer makes that biep sound when unplugging the GPS so the PC "sees" it ???

Any advice to solve this problem?

Try reseting the unit. Press the Reset/Lap and Start/Stop button at the same time. Or press Power + Lap for 10 seconds for a hard reset. Or try Lap + Mode then Power.steynja2009-08-10 05:41:18

hi steynja will i lose any of my data that is on the gps?

I am not sure. I have a Edge 705 these days, but I seem to recall that I did not lose any data when performing a reset. a quick Google search bring up conflicting info whether losing data or not. I took the gamble when I was faced with a simmilar predicament, but regaining full use of my Edge outweighed the data that I may have lost.

Reboot your PC first see if that works. Some times mine beeps but PC still hasnt seen it per say.

no luck at all ,my gps does not do the hard  reset ???? I am very close to headbudd the pc en feed the gps to the dog........

Check on the garmin site that you have the latest firmware and software before doing a reset as this will erase your history.   

Have you tried it on a different PC? Also, try using a different USB port, prefferably the ones connected directly to the motherboard if you are not using a laptop. You have also not stated what operating system you are using.

when it's plugged in, check in device manager if the device is actually active and usable, the latter meaning the drivers installed correctly (no yellow question marks next to it in device manager). The beep you hear can be very misleading as it only indicates the device has been physically detected, but necessarily available.

If all's well with device manager, ie you can see the device's correct name in the listing with no yellow question marks, then i'd reckon the balance of any remaining issue would lie with comms between the USB dongle and the Garmin unit.

Hi all

When connecting my Garmin to my PC it automaticly opens the Garmen Training Centre' date=' when i want to send the data from the GPS to the PC it tells me  "there was a problem while communicating with your device.Please make sure it is connected to the computer,then try again".The computer makes that biep sound when unplugging the GPS so the PC "sees" it ???

Any advice to solve this problem?

[/quote']

i would not use garmin traning centre software !!

try this one http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Downloads/ you will not be sorry and its very easy to use

This may be obvious but the computer will make the ping noise when you connect the GPS whether the GPS is turned on or not. In my experience the TC software will not connect to the GPS unless the GPS is turned on. Make sure that the GPS is turned on then try again. 

Try reseting the unit. Press the Reset/Lap and Start/Stop button at the same time. Or press Power + Lap for 10 seconds for a hard reset. Or try Lap + Mode then Power.

Mine only reset when i press mode and reset/lap simultaneously . Have tried but no luck here.....history still shows on GPS device!!

Reboot your PC first see if that works. Some times mine beeps but PC still hasnt seen it per say.

Have done it a couple of times . No luck.....

Check on the garmin site that you have the latest firmware and software before doing a reset as this will erase your history.   

I have made contact with Garmin and are awaiting their reply ,thanks