The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been some thoughts on building a line at Contermans, so just keen to know more or less how much it would cost..

Hey guys.

I am coming down on holiday to Cape Town on the 13th, and would like to bring my DH bike with and do some riding at Contermanskloof. Just need to know if its cool to ride there during the week, and safe to do so? Are there any shuttle days scheduled between 13th and 19th? Plus I also have no idea how to get there ha ha.

I will then be in KZN for Christmas and New Years, would like to ride Giba, Cascades and Ricos. If anyone wants to hook up and do some riding you can let me know.

Thanks a lot in andvance for any info.

Edited by Racestrong

Guest Omega Man

Hey guys.

I am coming down on holiday to Cape Town on the 13th, and would like to bring my DH bike with and do some riding at Contermanskloof. Just need to know if its cool to ride there during the week, and safe to do so? Are there any shuttle days scheduled between 13th and 19th? Plus I also have no idea how to get there ha ha.

I will then be in KZN for Christmas and New Years, would like to ride Giba, Cascades and Ricos. If anyone wants to hook up and do some riding you can let me know.

Thanks a lot in andvance for any info.

You can ride Contemans during the week but then you have to push. and it's a LLLLLOOOOONNGGG steep tick infested push. They used to run a Friday evening shuttle but I don't know if that's still operating. Jaco Veldskoen 079 877 2071 is the best person to speak to. He runs the bike shed which is based on the farm. I don't know of any shuttle days anywhere in the cape but I'll pm you if i hear of any.

Best bang for your buck is Paarl tho. There are 3 tracks and a tar shuttle road. It's not as steep as Conte's but the tar shuttle road and the bit of shade do make up for it. you can easily bash out 12 runs in a morning. Get your wife/girlfriend to shuttle you and then do a wine farm or 6 in the afternoon.

If you go on a weekend you might even be able to bum shuttles from who-ever is there.

I see your 4 and raise you 36! Can do plenty, all in reasonable to good condition. Will cost you R17500, but comes with a Mojo HD!biggrin.gif

Pallets are at our depot in Brackenfell. Where in the fairest Cape are you?

wynberg... But me, I travel!

I'm sure I can convince the Mrs that 2 chairs cost a total of R 17,500 and come with a free bike... Not as if she's an actuary, or anything.

Wait... Dammit! She is!

Going to be greedy and ask for 6 then, if that's alright. And I know the boys who are building in Tokai (me & Pain or Shine) might need some pallets in the near future.