The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That boxxer isn't a world cup. Not even sure if those things are real boxxers

I'm very new to the downhill scene so I'd love to be enlightened :)

Have a look at this thread and then shoot at will! LinkyLink

Obvious differences are the decals and the colour of the lowers ( can be changed easily )

Top crown is a different shape too.

Well maybe it is a old boxxer. The thing is though is there are a lot of these boxxers around. Can't imagine so many people going through the trouble to repaint the lowers on their fork.

hmmm... it seems there may be a posibility that it's an '05 Boxxer... I consider myself enlightened

but like DHK said, that's a lot of effort to go through (spraying and decals) for an old fork. The price is also a bit steep.

I picked up an '07 for R1900

@ Mokkie What year is your boxxer?

I have 2 (one on my bike, one I canabalize for spares) and I can see if I can put the flat crown on so I free up the drop down.

Oh, and when you say you need a DH fork... is that in addition to the boxxer?

Actually just looking for the crown. If I cant get one I,ll need to het a other fork

sort of finished the step down on SH2 yesterday. Still need to fill it up more on the sides and then level it off nicely with dirt. Already planning to raise it one more log in height. That should be a nice little step down. Also widened the bermed chicken run for the less adventurous. That berm is actually quite nice as you can very nicely boost outta it...

post-6789-027882800 1278174825.jpg

post-6789-074135300 1278174839.jpg

Next up, some more mini step downs all over the place, some small berms, i see a hip jump coming up. For the XCers, i've made the drop at the end of SH2 higher by adding a ramp. The slope made dropping off that ledge a bit sketch, so i've flattened it out a bit so you can fly off properly and line up for the entry into SH3. The chicken run to the right of the ramp i've made abit easier to roll off, so the XCers can rejoice.

Need to broom the track abit to get rid of the many loose rocks. It's flying up and bashing into the rear mech etc. I dont mind some gnar, but that's causing more crap than anything.

in case some have been geographically_challenged, here is a layout of signal hill showing SH1,2 and 3. The fire roads are used as dividing lines, and the photo is taken with my back toward lion's head. Soz for quality. SuperMegaCr@pfile size limitations, as well it's taken by a mobile.

post-6789-038239900 1278259447.jpg

Some quick n dirty signposting for those who who take the 2nd fire road down. Sign is up just before some of you normally enter the forest to the right (SH3).

post-6789-034514800 1278259514.jpg

nope. no gaps yet. that will require some discussion with the parks board. I've eyeballed a spot that will take one directly into the beginning of the next section, SH3, but it's very cramped for landing. We'll see how it goes. Other stuff still left to be done before that happens.

Guest Jarryd Haley

Hey guys.

I know this isnt the for sale section, but just thought I would let you guys know that my DH bike is for sale.

Its a 2010 Mongoose Bootr Team. Im sure you all know the specs. Pics and full specs are in the for sale section. Bike is really in mint condition.

R25 000.

If you are interested or know anyone that is give me a call on: 072 257 3918.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Jarryd.

did a bit of trail brooming, ie getting rid of the small loose rocks scattered just about everywhere. I know it's part of the natural feature set, but it's causing more crap than it's worth. The stuff is getting kicked up onto the bike causing all manner of damage. Granted, at this stage, it's only cosmetic damage, but I've crunched small rocks in teh chain, and bashed the mech a huge amount of occassions now, just on that bit of track. Before long, it's gonna break something.

So sucked it up, and started brooming with my trusty spade. damn, it's so much faster! very very nice. Spotted a spot for a nice big jump, so that's up next. To XCers, that jump is gonna cause you to take a rather big chicken run, which means losing a lot of speed. I will try to make the jump have two heights, so the more adventurous of you can still make over without losing too much speed.

post-6789-044701200 1278606987.jpg

Also, built a mini step down today just inside a small corner. Trying to mix things up abit. Expect the mini step down to get abit higher, as it's too low at this stage. There is no chicken run, but u can roll it. So dont stress. Word of warning though: there is a mini trough just on the other side of the step down, so dont except to roll over it easily. you might just get bucked OTB. I say, just stay off the brakes and hit it. It's easy enough.

post-6789-037908900 1278607002.jpg

post-6789-005765300 1278606996.jpg

that mini-step down is gonna need work. Guys are rolling it, but it's breaking up. I expected that. Will do more work on it when i'm lus, which is not right now ;)

Anywas, I promised i was going to build that berm on SH3 for a long time now, so today, i mustered up some sorta work ethic and got stuck in. It's just a mini berm, but my word, you can hit at good speed and just keep motoring on afterward as the transition out is just perfect..

So when you come down SH2, u end up here (looking back up at the exit of SH2):post-6789-051469000 1278851756.jpg

Then you roll to the start of SH3:post-6789-011560600 1278851754.jpg

Roll just a bit further on till u get to the berm.

post-6789-070175100 1278851764.jpg

Mid of berm

post-6789-049544000 1278851762.jpg

Berm exit (there is a miniscule drop off just about 10m on in this photo. I'm gonna Build It Bigger. You were warned ;)

post-6789-042115600 1278851760.jpg

Looking back up into berm:

post-6789-033796800 1278851758.jpg

Donations welcome ;)

my baby all dressed up and nowhere to go in pe! would like to do some roadtripping to get to do sum decent dh riding...

got a rockshox totem 2step air aswell but having issues with it...any opinions on the totem?

post-15577-077351200 1278944744.jpg