The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you see the thing is I swear there is a thread somewhere on thehub under one add where I asked Darnijl why he was running the marzo and he said it was because he got it so cheap something like R400 so I will give R400 again

jason: doing some runs down SH today. Trying to figure out why my front keeps washing out from under me. Almost happened again this morning. might be cos the LBS techie pumped up my wheels a bit hard yesterday. Will drop the pressure a bit and see what happens. need to keep track of where my weight is as well, as i think i might be going a bit more rearward of late than previously.

going tomorrow morning to Tokai. We might not see each other...

No you see the thing is I swear there is a thread somewhere on thehub under one add where I asked Darnijl why he was running the marzo and he said it was because he got it so cheap something like R400 so I will give R400 again

No' date=' youre a fool because youre grammer and punctuation is so terrible, nobody can understand what you are trying to say[img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley17.gif[/img]

Awesome! I really wanna try SH one day, whats it like? and What do you mean the front washes out from under you?

mmmmmm im still not sure when I wanna ride tomorrow

Sounds like the rebound. Sounds like it needs a service.

Lance at EPIC bike shop can service it for you provided he can get the seals for you. What size are the stantions?

Had my Marzocchi All Mountain SL serviced there about 2 weeks ago and it is smooth and the same rebound problem I had is sorted.

Has Epic Bike Shop moved?

I went past there the other day (thursday) and the sign was gone...??

(Stanchions are 32mm)

Sounds like the rebound. Sounds like it needs a service.

Lance at EPIC bike shop can service it for you provided he can get the seals for you. What size are the stantions?

Had my Marzocchi All Mountain SL serviced there about 2 weeks ago and it is smooth and the same rebound problem I had is sorted.

Has Epic Bike Shop moved?

I went past there the other day (thursday) and the sign was gone...??

(Stanchions are 32mm)

Yes, they have moved.

Further up the road towards shell. Next to Ring-a-Rose.

Much bigger place.

Lance should hopefully still have a seal kit to do a service. My fork is 32mm.

If I press down and pop up for like a wheelie' date=' my fork shoots outs a bit and makes a bit of a noise... It's not too bad... But ya.

[/quote']

Sounds like your rebound dampening is too low or there may not be enough oil in the fork. Both are easy fixes. Unless the dampening unit is broken.

howsit guys (:

never posted in here so heres what im hitting the trails with.... a demo 7 :) just took delivery on the new diety dirth thirty bars and wideness is definately the way to go. I also picked up some new mavic rims.. Im one of 4 riders from george and those of you who were here last year for nationals might be interested to know that the track is going to be completely different from last year... mostly its going to be faster and smoother lol the drop that lead into the bottom dual course is gone and there is now a 25 foot monster of a berm taking that corner making it insanely fast (: jumps are getting biger aswell !

O ya my totem is for sale for 800 if anyone is interest

sorry cant post a picture for some reason... so thats a link to my bike