The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig...dude, I am from PE too...where the hell do you ride DH there?

I have been looking for some rad trail/DH type stuff but don't know where to look..The OLD DH course across from William Moffet PnP is trashed...Although I last saw it working over 10 years ago tbh...

I don't do proper DH, but I am super keen to ride as technical stuff as possible so any hints as to where to ride would be sweet!

What high school were you at? Born in 82? I was at Alex, also born 82 :) Chrs bro

Do they ever do downhill on a tandem bike?

i've seen a vid of some nutters doing it. full suspension the works. but that's just plain FUBAR. imagine trying to jump a trainwreck... . Cant find vid now.. it's on youtube somewhere.

Craig...dude, I am from PE too...where the hell do you ride DH there?

I have been looking for some rad trail/DH type stuff but don't know where to look..The OLD DH course across from William Moffet PnP is trashed...Although I last saw it working over 10 years ago tbh...

I don't do proper DH, but I am super keen to ride as technical stuff as possible so any hints as to where to ride would be sweet!

What high school were you at? Born in 82? I was at Alex, also born 82 :) Chrs bro

Hey Thermophage,

I did home schooling actually, I know stacks of guys who where in your year though.

Downhill died out for a bit in PE, its on the up n up now.

There are a whole bunch of guys reviving DH here, the 3rd avenue track you talking about is very run down.

I stay close to it so we might take a spade and panga there sometime, maybe join us?

Apparently there are some guys building at longmore, tried getting hold of them so we can help but no joy yet.

My "crew" :) are hitting woodridge right now, thats kinda our project spot, we doing some maintenance on the downhill course there, at the moment its very flowy with washed out berms and smooth singletrack, it is sooo good. Want to make them berms deeper so we can hit them faster and try open up the bottom section so we can add some more character to it.

Pm your details, we must build and ride, the more the better. We a friendly bunch, no super bling bikes and shiny kit, just love riding.

Behold... The Morewood!

♪♫ DUN DUN DAAAAA ♪♫

post-10758-029995300 1283323679.jpg

Parktools Book + Tools + Me = pile-o-parts :D

Why the pieces, did you come off that bad!!!

Why the pieces, did you come off that bad!!!

hahaha! luckily not!

I just decided the old girl needed a strip-down and some detailed loving!

Oooh a bike build, I love bike builds. Is that a new bike build or a maintenance build?

Partly maintenance, partly new. I got myself this yesterday:

post-10758-024659500 1283404587.jpg

(I've got the rest of the parts too, they're just not in the pic)...

...so I'm gonna put the yeti and the morewood together... shuffle the parts, and try find the best combo for each

Nice Patches, very nice. A morewood and a yeti in the same house. :)

What how do you compare the Yeti to Morewood.?

A while ago I was contemplating a Yeti, but they did'nt come by very often at the time. Then a good deal came up with the Shova and I took it.

Sweet, who you get it from?

If you have a bike for this arvi we going to the bike park for some DJ

DARN!! ...and just when I've got myself a multi-pass, I have no bike to ride. The Morewood is still in pieces and the Yeti (from Brent) also needs to be built up!

I feel like running home from work now and rushing to get at least 1 up and running!

Seems I may have to miss this one... but by next week, I should be able to come out and play :D

Nice Patches, very nice. A morewood and a yeti in the same house. :)

How do you compare the Yeti to Morewood.?

Hmm... give me a week and I'll get back to you on that... both bikes need to be built up, hahaha!

o guys *** funny vid on youtube, about a road biker who becomes a DHer! Also see the other vid where he hates the fixie kids.

...so I was a busy little bee last night... and here's the result...

the new Freeride rig (now I just need to get the Morewood back together again, hahaha!)

post-10758-008672700 1283495486.jpg

Still a work in progress... as is the Morewood... but hopefully this will give me many k's of pedal pleasure!