The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

after i posed that question, i googled it, and it appears the majority of users feelings on the subject is that wire beads are in fact less prone to burping than the folding beads. Good thing i never stated the LBS is infallible :P

considering my folding beads are holding up pretty good, i reckon it's neither here nor there, as in general, i think it depends on how well you seal it up. irrespective of the bead type, a few burps here and there is nothing a pump cant fix :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought mine felt a bit low :)

Rennie knows how to rail berms for sure, what a beast.

Have you watched "this is Australia"?

nope, havent seen it. yet :) Synopsis?

nope, havent seen it. yet :) Synopsis?

Its really good, very interesting film, they keep Sam Hill for last. You should watch it.

Has Rennie, Kovarik and whole bunch of guys in it.

Guest Jarryd Haley

flowta: i was told by the LBS the wirebeads tend to burp more in the gnar than the folding bead. Can you, or anyone else for that matter, confirm this?

Yo. Rode my wire bead minions, high rollers and wet screams as tubeless and never had a problem, so you should be okay. Hope it helps.

Mmmm Nathan Rennies style bears an uncanny resemblance to mine. :rolleyes: Except that at about that time I am on my way to hit the ground :D

I use flats.

I'm using a set of Mongoose pedals I found in the bargain bin at a local LBS, they a kinda V8 copy without all the fancy bits.

Scrap that! DMR V12's on the way :)

yo cap! sick sick pics you found!! wish i could gnar berms like that! Juuusuus!!

Heres an idea for lower BB, chuck a 24" wheel on the back side, im pretty sure that would be super sweet!!! make for an ultra slack HT but thats all the rage these days too!

Any one got a disk spec 24" wheel the want to sponsor me? hehe!!

whats the diff between the V12's and V8's?

I can't imagine having more grip than the V8'd give :blink:

V12's have sealed bearing compared to the ball bearings in the V8.

The actual platform part of the pedal is exactly the same.

whats the diff between the V12's and V8's?

I can't imagine having more grip than the V8'd give :blink:

As far as I know it's the bearings that are different. Open to correction

hey stryder and LDF: you perhaps know two DHers called Alex (blue+white Giant) and Paul (raleigh I think with blue helmet. rides goggle-less)? They shuttle up SH with a grey silver corsa pickup. FIrst time i've seen Alex yesterday evening. They were bombing the fire roads until I showed paul SH2.

If they're game, then it's you, me, stryder, alex and paul for a nice little timed comp... Alex looks pretty clued up, although he almost bailed coming into SH3 a bit too hot (WINDGAT! :P )...