Road rage at Sun City

Cruzer

I also road in group B, and overheard the total conversation. We were all wrong to cross the white line, but impossible not do do when we overtook a big bunch from group A. As long as we don't blame anyone else when something bad happens. Entries goes to cancer and those roads are impossible to close as there are no alternatives.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving back from Stegmann Hospital near Sun City after an all-night shift at around 9 this morning. There certainly were cyclists crossing the white line regularly and I was forced onto the gravel by oncoming cyclists in my lane on two occasions. Not cool and it could have been ugly.

But hey' date=' I'm a montain-biker, what the hell do I know about white lines?
[/quote'] .......or winning grand slams for that matter!!!??WinkBig%20smile

Yeah, I'm the worst tennis player in recorded history. Not much better at this mountain-bike thing either...

Cruzer I think you're worried about nothing.

Personally if you're actually out there to race, no matter what ...you WILL  have cross the white line sometime.

C'mon, everyone has to do it to race.

And no, you won't be disqualified, they may disqualify a whole bunch like they did to the poor VA's a year or so back to make a point but unfortunately to race you have to cross the white line so in my opinion as long as you do it with caution don't worry too much about it.

And honestly, starting in an open bunch, there's no way they'll DQ you. Maybe in the licenced bunches but not in B-bunch.

So don't worry about it...he was just out to pee you off.

BTW, how did the race go????

It could have been me, since I rode without a number [it blew off].  Except I wasn't in B group and didn't blow fire up anyone's ass.

I think one of the reasons the race is so dangerous is because-

1) the groups are so big

2) the guys go over the white line because of 1).

I don't think any one individual should be disqualified.  Do think they should close the race to traffic for an hour or have it an hour earlier or both.

Why is it that you AWAYS find guys like this one that absolutely loves sucking all the joy out of something that is supposed to be fun.

Sure there are rules, but there will always be exceptions to these.

Must have had some serious PMS going on!

Cruzer........  if he gives you any sh*t............ drop me a call

Thanks Sammajoor, I certainly will do. Knowing that the Sammajoor is watching my back makes me feel much better!!

I recon we should look at doing another leisurely Hub ride in Midrand/PTA area sometime soon....dont you think??

Personally if you're actually out there to race' date=' no matter what ...you WILL  have cross the white line sometime.

And no, you won't be disqualified, they may disqualify a whole bunch like they did to the poor VA's a year or so back to make a point but unfortunately to race you have to cross the white line so in my opinion as long as you do it with caution don't worry too much about it.

And honestly, starting in an open bunch, there's no way they'll DQ you. Maybe in the licenced bunches but not in B-bunch.

[/quote']

Thanks  for the re assurances WW!

The race went well but there were 2 big crashes, one caused by a pothole and the second happened close to the finish when the bunch swamped a smaller bunch and a poor Girl/Lady got pushed around about a bit and fell ,bringing a whole lot of riders down with her....hope she is ok, in fact I hope everybody who fell is ok with bones and bikes intact. I did a 2 46 riding with B bunch all the way.

Mighty Spoke had a massive ride, he started in VA and stayed with them all the way doing something like a 2 27.

Personally if you're actually out there to race, no matter what ...you WILL  have cross the white line sometime.

Could not agree with you more. Try race without crossing the white line is near impossible.

Cruzer

There is always some clown that acts the boss, ignore it, come MTB with me I will teach you how to clip his front wheel with your rear wheel next time smiley2.gif

As DM would say, "shake the disease" smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Even Tom Boonen crosses the " White line" from time to time he does not get dqs.

My wife demanded to know why I was sitting with such a big grin on my mugLOL

By the way- This white line crossing similar to Boonen's goes unpunished in SA cycling as well I hearWink

Cruzer........  if he gives you any sh*t............ drop me a call
LOL Most probably the funniest thing I have read this whole week... love your work Clap