MOVE over KING its time 4 the new BLING

rad006

What gets me is I havent seen a set at any MTB races over the past 2 yrs.... Has anyone???

Yup, at this years epic.

Jealousy is my middle name... damn... i have been looking at those since the first sneak peek over a year ago!!!!

Rad I saw a lady at the Epic who broke a spoke on her rear wheel. I think her weight was about 55kg.........

Epic did a bit of damage to these, lady I was refering to managed to destroy the inside of the rear hub, killing pedaling ability and essentialy ending up with a free spinning hub, both directions.

Epic also sees plenty broken chains, pedals, rear der, cables, hope, sidewall cuts, friendships, and frames. Doesn't make them all bad. Three craked SC Superlight frames was a bit much in 4 days, but that's a different story.

From what I've heared QC has been good and the wheels last if used for intended purpose. And yes they look spectacular. But for half that you can buy a wheelset that weighs 200g less and will last just as long. For the same money you can buy an I9 wheelset that weighs 150g less and proven themselves.

Anyway, that's not the point. If you like them, ride 'em like you stole 'em. I'm sure you'll get plenty happy miles and Shamus will give you good back-up and support if something does go wrong.

Whatever you do, just don't buy SLR's...eeek!

What gets me is I havent seen a set at any MTB races over the past 2 yrs.... Has anyone???

Yup' date=' at this years epic.

[/quote']

Saw some of the ladies racing the Cobalts at the WC in Maritzburg on thier 4x bikes - so I suppose if you smooth then they will last...

Colours are specific to the type of riding you doing as Crow mentioned:

Blue (Cobalt) are for XC

Orange (Iodine) are for All mountain

Green (Sage) and Red (???) are for downhill

ngala, that second one is nice. just the right amount of colour coding. Ilike the blue brake levers and grip collars. But it needs the white seatpost as in the first image.