can u believe this

chucky

Well i was just at work and reading this, serving a customer at the same time, regular customer. as im in australia now its hard from this far but... he just happens to be a south african lawyer who has just immigrated over here.

I showed him this and he said if there is someone on the hub who is a lawyer you can have charges brought against him and possible jail time if you get to see the right lawyer. for he has admitted, (an apparently an email can be used as evidence), to grievious(sp) bodily harm as well as intent to commit murder.

hey just thought i'd let you all know, i cant help and i know i lived in that area. so use this dont use it. just thought i'd let you guys know.

have a good day.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delgado' date=' I have no manners or decoum especially in a case like this. Glorius Bill of Rights? I stand up for my rights, but usually lead with my left.

That's me, I'm out of this one. No fun anymore .............
[/quote'] Wasn't having a go at you mate! Just a general observation of both sides of the spectrum i.e. cyclists & motorists........

Well i was just at work and reading this' date=' serving a customer at the same time, regular customer. as im in australia now its hard from this far but... he just happens to be a south african lawyer who has just immigrated over here.

I showed him this and he said if there is someone on the hub who is a lawyer you can have charges brought against him and possible jail time if you get to see the right lawyer. for he has admitted, (an apparently an email can be used as evidence), to grievious(sp) bodily harm as well as intent to commit murder.

hey just thought i'd let you all know, i cant help and i know i lived in that area. so use this dont use it. just thought i'd let you guys know.
have a good day.
[/quote']

serendepity and jagwil?

Send a copy of this email to JMPD and the Mogale City authority as well as CSA. The Cradle is one place that is still reasonable safe to ride. Lets get the authorities to do the work for us.

Well i was just at work and reading this' date=' serving a customer at the same time, regular customer. as im in australia now its hard from this far but... he just happens to be a south african lawyer who has just immigrated over here.I showed him this and he said if there is someone on the hub who is a lawyer you can have charges brought against him and possible jail time if you get to see the right lawyer. for he has admitted, (an apparently an email can be used as evidence), to grievious(sp) bodily harm as well as intent to commit murder.hey just thought i'd let you all know, i cant help and i know i lived in that area. so use this dont use it. just thought i'd let you guys know.have a good day.

[/quote']

Agreed, he is absolutely correct. This is why, instead of ranting and making threats, it's wise to press charges. I certainly wouldnt like to get knocked over, or shocked while I'm out riding. However, in the same token, how would you guys feel if your wife's contact details and email was published on the internet? This is just poor taste, and really, reading all of this, I don't blame outsiders from thinking that cyclists are a bunch of pricks.

I don't blame outsiders from thinking that cyclists are a bunch of pricks.

I'm back. Normal pricks, or colossal ones?( And now starts the in-fighting)

I am not going to have a battle of wits with you; I have said it before and I will say it again - I am unarmed! Your opinion is valid, solid and does occupy the moral high ground.

I would still like an answer as to "nobody is above the law" though.

Delgado, I did not take offense - I put myself in that category, I did not feel that you did.
Gasping2009-09-16 08:01:57

I have to agree - it was 'interest' at first, and I have to admit that I was shocked that someone would put in print such threats (and admision of committing crimes) - and I don't think anyone would actually carry out any of the 'suggestions'.

It's one thing showing displeasure and making it known that there is a large group of people who he is threatening, but to break the law in retaliation would be wrong - there are few enough people that obey the law anyway.

We should also learn a little - there is another thread re safety at the Dome2Dome and I commented that there were cyclists who 'thought they owned the road' - so perhaps we should take the moral high ground, ride responsibly (defensively), and accept that there are people out there who hate cyclists so much that they will use any excuse to 'mow us down'.

I'm in favour of making his E-Mail public (SAPS, EWN, Ride, Bicycling, etc) - with his name (since he included it) and letting everyone judge for themselves).

It will be incredibly difficult to prove that anything that a Hubber has said here was actually done by that said individual....

I can (just as this idiot did) make any statement on a public forum...and that's wheer it will end....

try and prove (via my logged IP etc etc) that is was actuall ME that happened to drop some rat poison in this dud'e pond???

Maybe with the help of Horatio and CSI Miami???

Do you for one minute think this guy would admit to a felony of that proportion if he actually did it? I think not...

Finally, sometimes one has to stoop low to effect a certain action / comment...that might be all that thsi guy understand...getting down to his level....(none of us like it but it will certainly be effective)?

Guys, stop the bus. It can be fun to rave and rant and sometimes make ridiculous comments and threats.

At the end of the day though, it is just that. Rva e and rant, get it off your chest and move on.

Always remember that with great freedom, comes great responsibility.

Let's not sink down to Ken's level and do the correct thing.

Anger is after all the emotion that makes the mouth work faster than the brain.

It was fun while it lasted. Buid a bridge, get over it.

Cassie, easy to beat Horatio - steal his Ray Bans and he is knackered, then date the blonde hottie for good measure.

As for the moral high ground, it did nothing for Neville Chamberlain. Thank goodness for Winston Churchill.

I am sorry to say this - but I hope there is some serious legal proceeding against the hubbers who posted info on the hub. Saying/inferring things about this persons wife .... no people thats just not right. I am on the side of capecyclist and Delgado.

From one email - just one, you lot have got on your high and mighty horses and made a whole set of assumptions about this guy. What happened to getting both sides of the story ?

Maybe someone hacked his account and sent a spitefull email?

I just cant believe the reaction of some of you lot. Sad.

I think this guy is just talk, trying to scare everyone riding around the area. It is a public road. Also if he knocked 2 people over, I would think they would lay charges.

What happened to getting both sides of the story ?

Maybe someone hacked his account and sent a spitefull email?

Good point - his original E-Mail was to ThinkBike - perhaps someone should ask them to reply to him (or phone him) and ask him if it was, in fact, his E-Mail (or whether his E-Mail account has been hacked). If he confirms that he did author the E-Mail, they can then perhaps ask him if these are his true feelings, or whether it was a 'heat of the moment' reaction after the Dome2Dome.

I am sorry to say this - but I hope there is some serious legal proceeding against the hubbers who posted info on the hub. Saying/inferring things about this persons wife .... no people thats just not right. I am on the side of capecyclist and Delgado. From one email - just one' date=' you lot have got on your high and mighty horses and made a whole set of assumptions about this guy. What happened to getting both sides of the story ? Maybe someone hacked his account and sent a spitefull email?I just cant believe the reaction of some of you lot. Sad.

[/quote']

Absolutely, if I was this guy I'd have called my lawyer already. It's just unsafe to have your wife's personal details out on the web like that. What if something happens to her because of this? It's really sad this thread. People have threatened to poison his dam with rattex, they've made comments about his wife, posted her details, signed him up for things with fake credit card details, made assault threats, committed crimen injua by signing his company details to all sorts of appalling websites and we've even had a little political rant by member:Gasping justifying two wrongs with a very tired argument.

Seriously, if I was the farm owner, I'd have my lawyers do some serious damage for this. It is SO obvious that his email is mostly in jest. OF COURSE he hasnt ridden riders over, or bought a cattle prod. He starts off his letter with an agreement that people are allowed to ride so long as they respect other road users.

If you feel strongly about that email, then, like I said, take it down to the police station and lay a charge, and have them investigate it.